Are my predicted grades good enough for law? 2017 entry

Watch
hxylxy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In GCSEs I got 1A*4A4B
In AS I got ABBD (with my A actually counting Towards my A2)
For my predicted I'm given AAB

do you think this is good enough for a place to study straight Law 3years at Warwick ?
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Give that the standard offer for law at Warwick is AAA, and many applicants will have much higher grades than even that, I doubt you'd have much of a chance.

However, Warwick have a law & sociology course which gives out AAB offers, so maybe that's worth a shot?
hxylxy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Give that the standard offer for law at Warwick is AAA, and many applicants will have much higher grades than even that, I doubt you'd have much of a chance.

However, Warwick have a law & sociology course which gives out AAB offers, so maybe that's worth a shot?
Haha hey! i never got thank you for your advise three years ago. I really took it on board and worked my ass off for the Alevel exams. Unfortunately i didn't reach the benchmark. I finished with an ABB. However, I was accepted at Warwick to study law and finished this year with a 2.1 degree.

I was just browsing all my old threads and stumbled upon this one lol. Its crazy to see how so much has changed from three years ago.
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hxylxy)
Haha hey! i never got thank you for your advise three years ago. I really took it on board and worked my ass off for the Alevel exams. Unfortunately i didn't reach the benchmark. I finished with an ABB. However, I was accepted at Warwick to study law and finished this year with a 2.1 degree.

I was just browsing all my old threads and stumbled upon this one lol. Its crazy to see how so much has changed from three years ago.
How did it go? Do you end up going into law?
hxylxy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonbow)
How did it go? Do you end up going into law?
haha it was the best uni experience i could have hoped for! I'm currently doing my masters in Medical Law at a London university
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
haha it was the best uni experience i could have hoped for! I'm currently doing my masters in Medical Law at a London university
WOW!! Huge congratulations!! What an awesome masters!
alg.xx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

That’s awesome. I was wondering whether there was ever going to be a situation where a person would prove someone wrong on here years after 😂 What did you take for your a-levels
hxylxy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonbow)
WOW!! Huge congratulations!! What an awesome masters!
Haha thank you so much! It's a very interesting course. You were completely honest with me and i really needed that push, so thank you too x
hxylxy
Rep:
?
(Original post by alg.xx)
That’s awesome. I was wondering whether there was ever going to be a situation where a person would prove someone wrong on here years after 😂 What did you take for your a-levels
The student room is soo interesting! Every couple of years i come back just to check up on things haha. And i studied Philosophy and Ethics, Sociology and Economics. What about you? What do you do?
alg.xx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The student room is soo interesting! Every couple of years i come back just to check up on things haha. And i studied Philosophy and Ethics, Sociology and Economics. What about you? What do you do?
I am currently in year 12 studying biology, chemistry and English literature. I’m slowly dying lol
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haha thank you so much! It's a very interesting course. You were completely honest with me and i really needed that push, so thank you too x
Oh haha! Sorry, that wasn’t me, I just loved how far you’ve come :^_^:
I think you and LeapingLucy both were awesome! I’m sure they are impressed!!
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congratulations! I hope you’re enjoying Warwick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (99)
63.06%
I don't have everything I need (58)
36.94%

Watched Threads