The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Maths (with/and Economics) applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Anyone received an offer for this course yet? I am on my 7th week out of 8, still haven't heard back from LSE. Starting to get a bit impatient now.
I'm gonna cry if I get rejected.
{Just joking.}

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by AQiiii
Anyone received an offer for this course yet? I am in my 7th week, still haven't heard back from LSE. Starting to get a bit impatient now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been waiting since September 30th! This week brings the end to the 4-week email so I hope to hear back soon. I remember one person (post A-level applicant) who said they got an offer before Christmas but nobody else has said if they have received one or not.
Original post by AQiiii
Anyone received an offer for this course yet? I am in my 7th week, still haven't heard back from LSE. Starting to get a bit impatient now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my last update on the 28th November. Since then, they've said to wait at least 10 weeks (2 weeks added because of Christmas apparently).
I'm on my 8th week. Trust me I feel your frustration
Reply 83
Thanks for your reply. That's been such a relief knowing that I am not the only one who's been waiting for this long. Let's finger crossed and hope that good news will come thorough asap!
Original post by sanchit117
I've been waiting since September 30th! This week brings the end to the 4-week email so I hope to hear back soon. I remember one person (post A-level applicant) who said they got an offer before Christmas but nobody else has said if they have received one or not.

Please let us know whether or not you hear back tomorrow!! Next Friday is the end of my 4 weeks so I want to see if LSE are sticking to their 'deadlines'
Reply 85
Original post by shivangisharma
I got my last update on the 28th November. Since then, they've said to wait at least 10 weeks (2 weeks added because of Christmas apparently).
I'm on my 8th week. Trust me I feel your frustration

I've recieved my last update the same day as you, do you apply for Maths with or and Econ?
Original post by apaulo5
I've recieved my last update the same day as you, do you apply for Maths with or and Econ?

I applied for Maths and Econ. My predicted are A*AA. You?
Reply 87
I applied for Maths and Econ. My predicted are A*AA. You?

Me too! But I'm a French student (predicted 17/20, we don't have A levels
Original post by AQiiii
Thanks for your reply. That's been such a relief knowing that I am not the only one who's been waiting for this long. Let's finger crossed and hope that good news will come thorough asap!

Any news?? When did you get your 4 week email btw?
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Please let us know whether or not you hear back tomorrow!! Next Friday is the end of my 4 weeks so I want to see if LSE are sticking to their 'deadlines'

I didn't hear back today, so I expect I'll get another email on Monday regarding another extension or something.

When did you get your 4 week email? Maybe I just calculated it wrong, lol. I got mine on the 19th of Dec.
Original post by sanchit117
I didn't hear back today, so I expect I'll get another email on Monday regarding another extension or something.

When did you get your 4 week email? Maybe I just calculated it wrong, lol. I got mine on the 19th of Dec.

I got mine on the 9th Jan so next week is my final week.

Seems like LSE aren't sticking to their timeframes yet again. Please let us know what they say on Monday!
Reply 91
Hi everyone,

My sister applied to Maths and Economics at LSE and I was just reading this thread. Lots of you are talking about a 4 week email. I asked my sister and she hasn't had any such email. Could someone please explain to me what this is and whether my sister should contact the university? Many thanks!
Original post by nushh_x
Hi everyone,

My sister applied to Maths and Economics at LSE and I was just reading this thread. Lots of you are talking about a 4 week email. I asked my sister and she hasn't had any such email. Could someone please explain to me what this is and whether my sister should contact the university? Many thanks!

Basically, LSE has a different process to most unis:
1) You apply via UCAS
2) You get a recongnition email
3) You get an email of a questionnaire about UMS points
3) You get an email saying that you will be further considered (generally after 4 weeks). Some people get rejected at this stage.
4) You get an offer or get rejected (should be 10 weeks after the 4 week email).

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 93
1) You apply via UCAS
3) You get an email saying that you will be further considered (generally after 4 weeks). Some people get rejected at this stage.
4) You get an offer or get rejected (should be 10 weeks after the 4 week email).

Thank you very much! This has been very helpful. My sister put her UMS scores into UCAS but I don't know if that's why she didn't receive the UMS form. I'll ask her to email the admissions team to find out more! Thanks again and best of luck with your application :smile:
1) You apply via UCAS

Lol this is incorrect. You get an 8 week email, during which you can get rejected or offered.

If after the 8 weeks they still need extra time they give you a 4 week email saying they need another 4 weeks to consider. This is the final stage. (although I do have a friend who finished his 4 weeks this Monday and still hasn't heard back)
Lol this is incorrect. You get an 8 week email, during which you can get rejected or offered.

If after the 8 weeks they still need extra time they give you a 4 week email saying they need another 4 weeks to consider. This is the final stage. (although I do have a friend who finished his 4 weeks this Monday and still hasn't heard back)

This is what happened in my case. I emailed the asmissions board and they said this was the procedure. Its also the procedure on the website. But hey we might all be wrong.
What's the typical offer for this course?

My friend was saying that it's an A*AA (A* in Maths) or an AAAA (A in Further Maths), but the website says otherwise
Original post by amelienine
What's the typical offer for this course?

My friend was saying that it's an A*AA (A* in Maths) or an AAAA (A in Further Maths), but the website says otherwise

This thread is for two courses and the standard offer for both is A*AA with the A* in maths (or further maths if you fail to get the a* in maths but manage it in FM)
This thread is for two courses and the standard offer for both is A*AA with the A* in maths (or further maths if you fail to get the a* in maths but manage it in FM)

So it that an A* in either Maths or FM? So it's not possible to be offered an AAAA with an A in further? Because my friend is under the impression that it is
Original post by amelienine
So it that an A* in either Maths or FM? So it's not possible to be offered an AAAA with an A in further? Because my friend is under the impression that it is

Yep, the offer stipulates an a* in maths is required, but that an A* in further maths is an acceptable alternative.

No they'll never offer anyone AAAA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending