Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrism)
    You don't just learn from lectures. Independent study is just as important.

yeah some might say more important than lectures. And you go to university to get a degree and have fun wilst getting it.

ReputationRep:
    University is just an expensive formallity.

Input = money and time(3 yrs at 10-20hrs a week)
    Output = degree to give you doors to more jobs.

To be honest its perfectly plausible that youy could learn the material by yourself from books/internet...but you dont get a qualification.

Go to uni to have fun. Just make sure you keep up enough to get a decent degree classification.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you take a stupid course like electronics, then in the second year, you get 36 hours a week + personal study (at least I do)

It makes me want to eat the people doing classics and ancient history....7 hours a week....grrrrr!

What about computing? 15-20 hours per week?

ReputationRep:
    My timetable for Economics last year was great, nothing earlier than a 11am start and Fridays were off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrism)
    You don't just learn from lectures. Independent study is just as important.
    I've learned no more than 30% of what i think is useful from lectures. what I've learned by myself and in the conversations with other ppl and in my par-time job seems to be much more valuable.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.