The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, would anyone have the revision notes from Medic Mind for quantitative reasoning please? Thanks in advance ! Same as the verbal reasoning one that someone posted on here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzP6MvAIanuZelpzN0ZYaGNRN2c/view
Original post by jimmi06
Hi guys, would anyone have the revision notes from Medic Mind for quantitative reasoning please? Thanks in advance ! Same as the verbal reasoning one that someone posted on here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzP6MvAIanuZelpzN0ZYaGNRN2c/view

Hey there! These are only available on our online course I'm afraid and can't be downloaded. Did you find our VR guide useful?

They're free for two days only however - find all e-books and videos on this link

ukcatcourse.co.uk

Good Luck!

Medic Mind
Motivate | Mentor | Maximise
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Medic Mind
Hey there! These are only available on our online course I'm afraid and can't be downloaded. Did you find our VR guide useful?

They're free for two days only however - find all e-books and videos on this link

ukcatcourse.co.uk

Good Luck!

Medic Mind
Motivate | Mentor | Maximise

Is that 2 days from when we subscribe?
Hey guys ! Just did my first Medify mock and got these results

VR - 650
DM - 700-900
QR - 650
AR - 670
SJT - Band 3

Tbh I'm really stuck on how to improve for AR because most of the time I'm just guessing and my SJT was pretty terrible too ANY TIPS ! My UKCAT is on the 18th of August AHH
Original post by alfresco_
Is that 2 days from when we subscribe?

No, it expires tomorrow no matter when you subscribe so make the most of it!

www.ukcatcourse.co.uk
(edited 6 years ago)
www.ukcatcourse.co.uk
Free resources, they expire tomorrow!

Motivate | Mentor| Maximise
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey guys!

Has anyone sat the test and could they tell me what Decision Making is like? I did the Medic Mind 1-1 mentoring scheme and found it really useful, and watching their videos on their online course they cover around 6 topics in about 25 videos for DM. I want to know which ones I should prioritise learning, what do you guys recommend?
Reply 807
Hiya, would anyone mind answering me if in the actual UKCAT exam, do they tell you if there are any unanswered questions in the review screen at the end of each topic?
Original post by Zxe
Hiya, would anyone mind answering me if in the actual UKCAT exam, do they tell you if there are any unanswered questions in the review screen at the end of each topic?

Yeah, on the review screen at the end of each section it tells you if you have any incomplete questions :smile:
No, it expires tomorrow no matter when you subscribe so make the most of it!

www.ukcatcourse.co.uk

What time?????
Reply 810
Original post by Joanne86
Yeah, on the review screen at the end of each section it tells you if you have any incomplete questions :smile:

Thanks very much for the speedy reply!☺️
Reply 811
17 days to go :s-smilie:

debating whether that's enough or should I schedule it a week later. Still not speedy as I like to be on the VRs.
What time?????

You have until 11pm 31/07/2017 :smile:
What time?????

We are extending it by one more day till end of Monday :smile:

Hope it helps!
Original post by SiMan
17 days to go :s-smilie:

debating whether that's enough or should I schedule it a week later. Still not speedy as I like to be on the VRs.

Hi SiMan,

How much revision have you done?

I'd say perhaps push it back by 1 week if you haven't done much, because it will help you stay calm and work through things gradually. But there is also an issue of continually pushing it back due to fear, so don't fall into that trap.

Work slowly through the mocks. I would recommend these question resources:

4000 Medify Questions
600+ Medic Mind Questions (www.ukcatcourse.co.uk)
1000 Free Medic Portal Questions
700 UKCAT Official Questions
1,200 ISC Book Questions

That's 7,500 questions in total which should keep you busy!

Kunal D
UCL Medicine
ukcatcourse.co.uk
Original post by Zxe

Hey!

Yes they tell you which ones you have flagged, and which ones you have incomplete. I have attached a screenshot to show you.

In the UKCAT you can flag a question and return back to it later. However, you should be careful when you use this function:

1. Always put an answer. Never flag without putting in an answer, even if it is a guess. If you do not get time to come back, at least you will then have an answer prepared

2. Return at the end of the set. If you flag the 1st or 2nd question in a set, try to come back to it quickly when you have finished the 4th question in that set. This will save you time, because it can be quite difficult to re-familiarise yourself with a passage at the end.

Good luck!

Kunal D
UCL Medicine
ukcatcourse.co.uk
Original post by ekk123
I've just been doing the official practise DM test and I'm a bit confused on a Venn Diagram explanation. The questions states that "There are 150 aquariums, 60 have yellow crabs, 81 have starfish and 43 have white dolphins, 20 have both starfish and white dolphins, 12 have both white dolphins and yellow crabs and 9 have both starfish and yellow crabs and 7 have all 3. They have drawn a Venn diagram with 7 in the middle, which I understand, but then on the overlaps, between white dolphins and yellow crabs for example, they have put in 12 and not taken away the 7 in the middle. I thought that for this, you would do "12-7" because out of the 12 that have both dolphins and yellow crabs, 7 would have all 3? I dont know if this makes sense and can put in a picture of the diagram they have drawn if it makes it any easier! Any ideas?

Here's my Venn Diagram.

Have a look at our 100% Free Online UKCAT Course (available for 2 days) to help you out. We have some great tutorials on Venn Diagrams

www.ukcatcourse.co.uk

Kunal
UCL Medicine
Original post by ekk123
I've just been doing the official practise DM test and I'm a bit confused on a Venn Diagram explanation. The questions states that "There are 150 aquariums, 60 have yellow crabs, 81 have starfish and 43 have white dolphins, 20 have both starfish and white dolphins, 12 have both white dolphins and yellow crabs and 9 have both starfish and yellow crabs and 7 have all 3. They have drawn a Venn diagram with 7 in the middle, which I understand, but then on the overlaps, between white dolphins and yellow crabs for example, they have put in 12 and not taken away the 7 in the middle. I thought that for this, you would do "12-7" because out of the 12 that have both dolphins and yellow crabs, 7 would have all 3? I dont know if this makes sense and can put in a picture of the diagram they have drawn if it makes it any easier! Any ideas?

It's because 7 out of 12 have all three isn't it? If they wrote 12 in that section then it would be 19...😊 correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I see it.
Original post by Fractite
Just did my first computerised mock from the Medic Portal. Didn't give me individual numbers, but I did get this:

UKCAT score: 612

VR: 17/47
DM: 37/53
QR: 21/36
AR: 28/55
SJ: Band 2

Any ideas as to what the number scores would be for VR, DM, QR AND AR?

Hi,
Do you have to pay for the Medic Portal mocks? Thanks
Reply 819
Hi SiMan,

How much revision have you done?

I'd say perhaps push it back by 1 week if you haven't done much, because it will help you stay calm and work through things gradually. But there is also an issue of continually pushing it back due to fear, so don't fall into that trap.

Work slowly through the mocks. I would recommend these question resources:

4000 Medify Questions
600+ Medic Mind Questions (www.ukcatcourse.co.uk)
1000 Free Medic Portal Questions
700 UKCAT Official Questions
1,200 ISC Book Questions

That's 7,500 questions in total which should keep you busy!

Kunal D
UCL Medicine
ukcatcourse.co.uk

Hey Kunal, I've been doing a little every day for the past two and half weeks, but have rescheduled many times already.

Still haven't attempted any mocks properly yet and I have around 10 of them to get through. But I don't want to "over-do" it either lol

Latest

Trending

Trending