Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    have my mocks next week does anyone have the mark scheme or paper for the 2016 chemistry gcse

ReputationRep:
    lol i wish i did cos i got my mocks as well tell me how it goes

ReputationRep:
    C1
    1) Electron shell: 2,3( 1 mark) Nucleus( 1 mark) Neutron is uncharged, proton has a charge of +1 ( 3 marks) Not in form 2,8,8, has 1,8. Neon has 10 electrons, the structure had 9 electrons, doesn't have a full outer shell but neon does (3 marks)
    2) Tick box: copper oxide(1) 20.3(2 marks) Digital thermometer, more precise and not subject to human error Beaker insulated( any forms of insulation: lid, wool (2) Carbon particles produced( particulates) incomplete combustion(2) Best fuel because it produces least smoke. Produces the most energy per g(2)
    3)
    Advantages of hydrogen:
    Renewable Provides more energy No co2 released Disadvantages: Hydrogen is explosive Hard to store because it is a gas
    Thermal decomposition(1) Question on potassium carbonate: doesn't thermally decompose, co2 not released, Bunsen burner temperature is not high enough( 3 marks) Reactivity question: the lower the metal on the reactivity series, the easier it is broken down(2)
    4)
    Conditions for cracking: high temperatures/400-700 degrees and a hot catalyst (2 marks) Fermentation question: sugar is dissolved and yeast is added to make ethanol(2) Ethanol question: ethene is reacted with steam at high temperatures and catalyst(2) Advantages and disadvantages of crude oil vs plants:
    Crude oil is a continuous process so faster. Crude oil is more widely available Non renewable, co2( global warming) (4 marks)
    5)
    metal ores are ores which contain enough of the metal to be worthwhile extracting( 1 mark) It is converted to steel because cast iron is brittle or to make it stronger Steel has more uses Corrosion resistant ( 2 marks) 2Fe2O3+ 3C = 4Fe+ 3CO2( 2 marks) It is not sent to landfill because this takes up space and causes pollution 3 marks) Question on distillation: Heat mixture between 80-99 degrees, the ethanol evaporates, cools and condenses to form pure ethanol and then raise temperature to 100 when all ethanol has evaporated to do the same to water. ( 3 marks). Question on carbon neutral/global warming: carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas This takes up CO2 when it grows in photosynthesis The same amount is released when biofuel or oils are burned So no overall increase in CO2 (3)

Last question on hydrogenation; 60 degrees, reacted with hydrogen, nickel catalyst, double bonds converted into single bonds, increasing melting point, done so that's it's a solid at room temperature for a thick, spreadable consistency (5)
    Random ones:
    Mark somewhere for completing drawing of the alkane(1) Bromine goes colourless somewhere(1) Clear is not acceptable.

CREDIT TO @science fanatic or something.

ReputationRep:
    Stop cheating you idiot.
    It's not like you will get to see the paper or answers the night before mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have them for all aqa sciences pm me for them I would try revising though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone send me the mark scheme for the chemistry 2016 paper for Aqa?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me the topics i need to learn for the C1 june 2016 paper? got mocks on Monday

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.