It's all lies Watch

Bad Faith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Here's the thing I'm not some nihilist but this idea that we can do anything meaningful or purposeful in our lives is false, right? I mean, we're all going to die and I doubt one could do anything that important. At some point you'll be forgotten and so will the things you've done. It's a matter of time.

Sure there's no objective purpose, life is what we make of it *insert other suitable cliché*

I cannot explain what is in my head because the thoughts are moving so fast even I cannot keep up with them. What I can think is that it's all false! All of it. Everything. First of all, why do some people pretend to care when they don't? What's the point of that?

Also, we're all alone. Stuck in our bodies and having to communicate our existence and pain to others through our words or our bodies. We're on a sinking ship all by ourselves. Why pretend we're all in this together when we're clearly not.

This idea that we're free is false too. We're not free at all. Confined by our biology (and external forces such as the government, Santa Claus etc.)

Plus most people are mindless sheep. Afraid to think for themselves. Regurgitating whatever "shiny" thing they've heard that week.

So basically it's all ****ed.

Why would one bother with this? Those who actually think and have awoken themselves from the dream-state are destined to misery.
Supernova36
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well someone's a little negative nelly
Bad Faith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Supernova91)
Well someone's a little negative nelly
Personally prefer negative nancy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (285)
60.51%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.67%
No- I want it (129)
27.39%
No- I don't want it (35)
7.43%

Watched Threads