More hair under left armpit than right

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am an 18 year old girl and I have noticed that more hair grows under my left armpit than my right.
I got my period when I was about 13 so if the armpit hair was going to even out it would have by now.
Most people that have uneven armpit hair seems to grow more under their right armpit than their left but why is it the opposite for me?
And what does it mean that my armpit hair is still growing unevenly?
Luneth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you shave them? Does it grow unevenly then or does one just keep going when they reach a certain point?
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am an 18 year old girl and I have noticed that more hair grows under my left armpit than my right.
I got my period when I was about 13 so if the armpit hair was going to even out it would have by now.
Most people that have uneven armpit hair seems to grow more under their right armpit than their left but why is it the opposite for me?
And what does it mean that my armpit hair is still growing unevenly?
It's just one of those things. I only grow hair on the fronts of my shins, not my whole calf :dontknow: It's just like how some people can only grow really patchy beards and stuff like that. Body hair just doesn't always grow evenly
haprybeingright
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
classic symptom of aids
Aairhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I also have a thicker wider fuller growth of armpit hair on the left. Not just a little more but twice as much. It does not even out after puberty as far as I know- I am past menopause and it is more uneven than ever. I suspect it has something to do with the left and right hemispheres operating separately and independently of each other. so much so that they are comparable to 2 different people- different builds, different body odor... one is balding, the other with thick full hair and a uni-brow. lol. A contributing factor may be due to the different groups of muscles that are frequently used- as we do a number of everyday movements where the left and right always engage a different set of muscles repeatedly. Surely that would build 2 different hi-traffic paths in the nervous system- sending and receiving different signals (which are chemical) so in a way each side has it's own chemistry.
Last edited by Aairhead; 1 year ago
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't worry to much about it.
Unfortunately boby hair, doesn't grow evenly, its just one of those things we have to put up with.
Of course there is always shaving, and trimming.
that_guy97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by haprybeingright)
classic symptom of aids
Lmfao that made my day 😂 thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (218)
43.6%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (38)
7.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.2%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.4%

Watched Threads