Biomedical Science at University of Warwick 2017 Watch

CouldntThinkOf1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I received an offer yesterday from them for the three years Biomedical science course, and I'm so happy since its the uni that I really wanted to go to

Anyway, is there anyone who already got an offer or is planning to apply?
Ir2010
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got an offer too! I think i want to go there
Epitype
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just got an offer yesterday for Biomedical Science, definitely my firm choice.
Iamflorence
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey i have got an ofer
CouldntThinkOf1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iamflorence)
Hey i have got an ofer
Congratulations Are you thinking of making them your firm choice?
CouldntThinkOf1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Epitype)
Just got an offer yesterday for Biomedical Science, definitely my firm choice.
That's great to hear I'm not sure whether to pick Warwick or Exeter as my firm choice, but I'll be visiting them next month, so I'll probably decide after that. Are you planning to attend the applicant day?
Epitype
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CouldntThinkOf1)
That's great to hear I'm not sure whether to pick Warwick or Exeter as my firm choice, but I'll be visiting them next month, so I'll probably decide after that. Are you planning to attend the applicant day?
After thinking a lot about it, I decided to go with Exeter over Warwick because it has the placement year included in the course.
I am going to an Exeter applicant day on the 15th of February, and I'm pretty sure I won't attend a Warwick applicant day. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
gogojakeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can't decide to go to Warwick or Royal Holloway. They both have great opportunities, although I think I'm leaning slightly towards Warwick.
CouldntThinkOf1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Epitype)
After thinking a lot about it, I decided to go with Exeter over Warwick because it has the placement year included in the course.
I am going to an Exeter applicant day on the 15th of February, and I'm pretty sure I won't attend a Warwick applicant day. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going the same day as you, but I'll be visiting Warwick first, on the 1st of February. And I think you made a good choice, the placement year will surely be very beneficial Now that you've chosen your firm choice, have you thought about your insurance? I'm thinking of choosing Kent as my insurance.
CouldntThinkOf1
Rep:
?
(Original post by gogojakeo)
Can't decide to go to Warwick or Royal Holloway. They both have great opportunities, although I think I'm leaning slightly towards Warwick.
I'd recommend attending the applicant days, especially if you didn't attend the open days. Hopefully, that would help you decide for certain
gogojakeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm going the same day as you, but I'll be visiting Warwick first, on the 1st of February. And I think you made a good choice, the placement year will surely be very beneficial Now that you've chosen your firm choice, have you thought about your insurance? I'm thinking of choosing Kent as my insurance.
I'm going to Warwick on the 1st of Feb! I can't decide between it and Royal Holloway. I'm putting Kent as my insurance because it's my only offer below ABB for Warwick and RHUL.
gogojakeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd recommend attending the applicant days, especially if you didn't attend the open days. Hopefully, that would help you decide for certain
I went to the open day for RHUL, but could only go to a visit day for Warwick, so the applicant day will be really good.
CouldntThinkOf1
Rep:
?
I'm going to Warwick on the 1st of Feb! I can't decide between it and Royal Holloway. I'm putting Kent as my insurance because it's my only offer below ABB for Warwick and RHUL.
I'll probably see you there then And me too, I'm making Kent as my insurance since they only ask for BBB. Are you attending Kent's applicant day as well? I'm not sure whether or no to
gogojakeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'll probably see you there then And me too, I'm making Kent as my insurance since they only ask for BBB. Are you attending Kent's applicant day as well? I'm not sure whether or no to

Are you going from/via London? I don't know if I'll go to a Kent day, I went to the open day, and my sister went there, so I know quite a bit about it already. Tbh I completely forgot about the Kent days because I haven't logged into Kent Vision since I got my offer and I saw that the days were months away.
CouldntThinkOf1
Rep:
?
Are you going from/via London? I don't know if I'll go to a Kent day, I went to the open day, and my sister went there, so I know quite a bit about it already. Tbh I completely forgot about the Kent days because I haven't logged into Kent Vision since I got my offer and I saw that the days were months away.
No, I live in Oxford, and I haven't planned on how I'll be getting there yet. I forgot about Kent as well, you reminded me when you mentioned it :lol: If you feel you know enough, then there is no point in going. But, I think I'm going to book to go on the 13th since I didn't attend their open days and I have no idea what is like there
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nice to see fellow Biomeds applying to Warwick, it's one of my choices for 2018
gogojakeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, I live in Oxford, and I haven't planned on how I'll be getting there yet. I forgot about Kent as well, you reminded me when you mentioned it :lol: If you feel you know enough, then there is no point in going. But, I think I'm going to book to go on the 13th since I didn't attend their open days and I have no idea what is like there
I think the train goes direct from Oxford to Coventry. Probably best to book tickets in advance though. I'm getting there for 10:30 to give us enough time to get the bus and find the building.
CouldntThinkOf1
Rep:
?
I think the train goes direct from Oxford to Coventry. Probably best to book tickets in advance though. I'm getting there for 10:30 to give us enough time to get the bus and find the building.
Yeah, I planning to buy the tickets this week. And I agree with you, it's important to get there early to find the place or in case of any delays. I'm guessing you only booked for the Life Sciences Open Day? I've also booked to attend the Offer Holder Morning, so I'll have to be there at 9:30.
gogojakeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, I planning to buy the tickets this week. And I agree with you, it's important to get there early to find the place or in case of any delays. I'm guessing you only booked for the Life Sciences Open Day? I've also booked to attend the Offer Holder Morning, so I'll have to be there at 9:30.
There's an offer holder morning too!? My train from Euston leaves at 9:20, there's no way I'd be able to drag my mum and nan to London any earlier for something extra ahah!
CouldntThinkOf1
Rep:
?
There's an offer holder morning too!? My train from Euston leaves at 9:20, there's no way I'd be able to drag my mum and nan to London any earlier for something extra ahah!
Hahah, yeah you would have to leave pretty early, I'm planning to leave home at 7:30, so that's not too bad. And don't worry about missing it, I think they'll just be talking about accommodation, what's is like to live in that area, etc, information that you can get on their website.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (534)
59.4%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.24%

Watched Threads