annapowell42
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I am looking to study an MSc in Health Psychology, however I am having massive issues choosing a course. I received a 1st in my Psychology BSc from Bangor, and have been working for a year as a Research Project Support Officer for Bangor University. During this time I have also been volunteering with a creche for autistic children on a weekly basis.

I would really like to do a course that offers a placement, and so far Bath is the highest contender.. However, I would really like to be based around Liverpool if possible, and I am aware that there is a BPS accredited course offered by Liverpool John Moores University. This course unfortunately does not offer any placements, and several others in the area do not have fantastic reviews by previous students for the course I want.

Ideally I would like to be able to progress onto my stage 2 training once I have completed my MSc.. Does anyone have any suggestions? The ideal course for me would be in the North West of England, offer a placement as part of the course (which would need to qualify for BPS accredited stage 1 Health Psychologist training), and would have been enjoyable and useful (as judged by previous students).

Any advice?

Thankyou,

Anna
StaffsUniDrew
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annapowell42)
Hi, I am looking to study an MSc in Health Psychology, however I am having massive issues choosing a course. I received a 1st in my Psychology BSc from Bangor, and have been working for a year as a Research Project Support Officer for Bangor University. During this time I have also been volunteering with a creche for autistic children on a weekly basis.

I would really like to do a course that offers a placement, and so far Bath is the highest contender.. However, I would really like to be based around Liverpool if possible, and I am aware that there is a BPS accredited course offered by Liverpool John Moores University. This course unfortunately does not offer any placements, and several others in the area do not have fantastic reviews by previous students for the course I want.

Ideally I would like to be able to progress onto my stage 2 training once I have completed my MSc.. Does anyone have any suggestions? The ideal course for me would be in the North West of England, offer a placement as part of the course (which would need to qualify for BPS accredited stage 1 Health Psychologist training), and would have been enjoyable and useful (as judged by previous students).

Any advice?

Thankyou,

Anna
Hey Anna,

I'll be in your boat by the end of this academic year, as I'm currently in my 3rd Year of a BSc Psychology and Counselling course, however I plan to go on to do a MSc in Health Psychology.

I know that I am not there yet, and can't really say from experience what it is like, but I checked out the Health Psychology postgrads at my uni (Staffordshire University), and it seems pretty comprehensive. It offers the Stage 1 training accredited by the BPS, and there is a Professional Doctorate course here too that fulfils Stage 2 (which I am highly interested in).

The uni is in the Midlands, so a little way out from where you said, but I thought I would just let you know of my plans to see if it may help you out. I found the course details here 😊

Hope this helped!

Drew
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I went to John Moores and studied msc health psychology just finishing my dissertation now. If you have any questions messag me
Clstron
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey what is the timetable for this course like? Thanks
rfielding
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm currently completing my thesis for my MSc Health Psychology at LJMU. I really recommend the course, the uni and staff are lovely - I did my undergraduate at UoM and I much prefer the experience I've had at LJMU.

Lectures were timetabled for Monday and Wednesday (between 9 and 6 - hours vary though).

Happy to answer any questions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (719)
41.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed