The Student Room Group

Feeling a little bullied by a particular manager - Christmas temp job?

So I started as a Christmas Casual at Royal Mail for around seven weeks. And I was enjoying it up until this week.

For the first two weeks, I was sorting parcels out for the UK postcodes and there was only a few managers helping us out and encouraging us and it felt really nice.
But then this week, the management has been changed around and so have our positions and we've been moved over to deal with international mail.

It feels like a demotion really, it's so slow but at the end of the day, a job is a job.
But because I'm new to it, some sections get a bit confusing for me and I was often leaned over asking a colleague where something went. So this particular manager walked past having a go that they're not paying me to stand around and do nothing. I didn't mind that so much, at the end of the day he's just asking if I can work a little harder.

But then later on, he just happened to walk past as I did the same thing, he had a go at me and then decided to come closer, get in my face and tell me off like a naughty child.

I stood there thinking that maybe if I was actually working where I used to, I'd be working a lot better. I can clear about five trolleys of UK Mail within about half an hour. Within international, I think we've done about two in about an hour. I asked the manager I used to work with yesterday if I could work back there, he told me to see him today. So I did and he told me to pick a space and get started. Then the manager from yesterday who was getting in my face jumped in nastily and told me no, get back to where I should be.

I know I should work where I've been put without arguments, but he's kicking off I'm not being productive and yet I'd be more productive where I am before. And I can't stand his attitude. Everyone around the international section is lazy and yet he just picks solely on me. And treats me like dirt because I guess I'm not full time like him.

One colleague reckons I should go higher up but I'm debating it. At the end of the day I'm nothing major and I'm on until Christmas. I'm thinking of going with their agency after Christmas though.

But I'm just feeling a bit bullied and harassed by this guy. What should I do?
I so get you! I'm experiencing exactly the same thing but in my situation it's not even the manager or assistant manager who's bullying me- it's a senior sales assistant. So annoying! I think it's just gunna ignore it. You can't please everyone unfortunately! Plus it's only temp so just think of the money :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending