Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Exams only seem to be able to discriminate between those who are natural born academic sponges, and those who aren't. Being the former, I can't complain - but I can see how exams could be really frustrating and not a true indicator of a person's potential at all. Don't worry about them! Most high earners didn't get to where they are now with straight As!!

Ben

ReputationRep:
    i think as long as ppl did there best thats all that counts, you cant compare your results to other ppl who are just naturally very academic... we're all individuals and your results will be individual too!
    Congrats to everyone no matter what they got!!!

does any1 no if it is possible to find out your actual score/ mark for each paper. Do you ring up your college or can u find out online??

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can for GCSEs. There are so many papers, everyone would want them back causing so many complications. You can only get A-level papers back.

(Original post by Pencil)
    I don't think you can for GCSEs. There are so many papers, everyone would want them back causing so many complications. You can only get A-level papers back.
    ah well nevermind, thanks anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    ah well nevermind, thanks anyways
    I think you can request back GCSE papers.

A* - English (A* Speaking & Listening)
    A* - English Literature
    A* - Maths
    A* - Physics
    A* - Chemistry
    A* - Biology
    A* - German
    A* - Geography
    A* - CDT
    A* - Business Studies
    A* - Religious Studies
    A* - General Studies - Top 5 in UK
    A - Drama :'(

12A*s and an A... long live inner city state school education!

Najam

ReputationRep:
    never heard of gcse general studies before!!!
    congrats anyways!!!!

Most people here are so brainy, how did u all manage A's and A*'s???

u all at grammar and private schools?
    wish i was as brainy

ReputationRep:
    i dont go to a private school, jus a normal mixed high school....
    what about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Independent School

well im totally freaked out bout next year cuz im doing my GCSE's then. Maths is freakin me out.
    Im sitting intermediate so dnt think i can get a B

Wot percentage do u need to get a B????????

ReputationRep:
    it depends what the grade boundries are....

i suppose maths aint all that hard,u just kinda have to understand numbers.........which i dont really get.

why do u need maths for medicine anyway? i mean,its not like ur dealing with figures all the time. is it??????

(Original post by Ghost)
    Computing: A (I'm at most 3 marks off an A*.. might get a remark..dont see why not)
    coz if it is edexcel, you might be downmarked to a U.

i suppose maths aint all that hard,u just kinda have to understand numbers.........which i dont really get.

why do u need maths for medicine anyway? i mean,its not like ur dealing with figures all the time. is it??????
    Perhaps because Maths is more than just figures (and numbers)?

A common misconception.

well im totally freaked out bout next year cuz im doing my GCSE's then. Maths is freakin me out.
    Im sitting intermediate so dnt think i can get a B

Wot percentage do u need to get a B????????
    You can only get a maximum of C with Intermediate.

I think you are mistaken, I am almost certain that you can get a B on a GCSE Maths Intermediate paper!

This is wrong, you can get a B (just not an A or an A*). See my post in the other strand about this subject entitled Maths Flop.

David (a Maths teacher)

This is wrong, you can get a B (just not an A or an A*). See my post in the other strand about this subject entitled Maths Flop.

David (a Maths teacher)
    When I was at school, this was the case.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.