ALEC m
    Usage: English
    Pronounced: AL-ek
    Pet form of ALEXANDER

So...

ALEXANDER m
    Usage: English, German, Dutch
    Pronounced: al-eg-ZAN-dur
    From the Greek name Alexandros, which meant "defending men" from Greek alexein "to defend, help" and aner "man" (genitive andros). Alexander the Great, King of Macedon, is the most famous bearer of this name. In the 4th century BC he built a huge empire out of Greece, Egypt, Persia, and parts of India. This was also the name of emperors of Russia, kings of Scotland and Yugoslavia, and eight popes. Also, Sir Alexander MacKenzie was an explorer of the north and west of Canada in the 18th century.

ReputationRep:
    Nima - Gender: Male
    Usage: Arabic
    Means "blessing" in Arabic.

LOL, indeed. :rolleyes:

BUT: Isn't my name persian?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    my full name means pure and victorious leader of the people. heh I think thats pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    Liam came back you nothing

ReputationRep:
    Mine is so unique it isnt there lol
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Liam came back you nothing
    *smooches*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Nima - Gender: Male
    Usage: Arabic
    Means "blessing" in Arabic.

LOL, indeed. :rolleyes:

BUT: Isn't my name persian?
    Persian is arabic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    *smooches*
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Persian is arabic.
    Are you sure?

Aren't Persian and arabic supposed to be different, as Saudi Arabian's speak arabic and Iranians speak Persian? These 2 languages are not the same...

ReputationRep:
    SAMUEL m
    Usage: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Biblical
    Pronounced: SAM-yoo-el, SAM-yool
    From the Hebrew name Shemu'el which could mean either "name of God" or "God has heard". Samuel was the last of the ruling judges in the Old Testament. He anointed Saul to be the first king of Israel, and later anointed David.

ReputationRep:
    this is a plot to get all our names *points* "paedophile!!!

ReputationRep:
    DANIEL m
    Usage: English, Jewish, French, German, Scandinavian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Biblical
    Pronounced: DAN-yul (English), dan-YEL (French)

From the Hebrew name Daniyel meaning "God is my judge". Daniel was a Hebrew prophet whose story is told in the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament. He lived during the Jewish captivity in Babylon, where he served in the court of the king, rising to prominence by interpreting the king's dreams. The book also presents Daniel's four visions of the end of the world. Famous bearers of this name include English author Daniel Defoe, Swiss mathematician Daniel Bernoulli, and American frontiersman Daniel Boone.

ReputationRep:
    i am not a paedophile!! i was just bored.

ReputationRep:
    EDMUND m
    Usage: English, German
    Pronounced: ED-mund
    Means "rich protector" from Old English ead "rich, blessed" and mund "protector". Saint Edmund was a 9th-century king of East Anglia who, according to tradition, was shot to death with arrows after refusing to divide his Christian kingdom with an invading pagan Danish leader. This Old English name remained in use after the Norman conquest.

Hmm, and disturbingly enough almost all the other famous Edmunds I discovered were also brutally assassinated. Great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel18)
    well mine says
    usage: english
    pronounced: ay-mee (just incase you didn't know)
    is derived from odl french aimee meaning 'beloved'
    awww well at least my name is loved then
    Same here! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    I am a young lioness!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    I am a young lioness!!
    I am just a saint or I am a being of mars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzieb)
    i am not a paedophile!!
    thats for operation ore to confirm or deny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Are you sure?

Aren't Persian and arabic supposed to be different, as Saudi Arabian's speak arabic and Iranians speak Persian? These 2 languages are not the same...
    yup thats right!..
    I am currently living in the middle east...Here they spaek Arabic..but in Iran its persian which is also known as Farsi....
    In the indian subcontinent they speak mostly Urdu which was derived from Persian (Farsi)...
    Arabic is original and very diff to persian...

ReputationRep:
    Means "he judged" in Hebrew. Dan in the Old Testament was one of the twelve sons of Jacob and the founder of one of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.