Turn on thread page Beta

what does your name mean? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    no its not...different races. Arabic and Hebrew come from Aramic, which is semetic. Persian is Aryan

Most of the names such as michael, rachel arent actually hebrew, theyre aramic. even jesus original name is aramic not hebrew...anyway.
    Isn't it spelled 'Aramaic'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    no its not...different races. Arabic and Hebrew come from Aramic, which is semetic. Persian is Aryan

Most of the names such as michael, rachel arent actually hebrew, theyre aramic. even jesus original name is aramic not hebrew...anyway.
    yes because jesus in arabic is eshu.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Isn't it spelled 'Aramaic'?
    yes it is sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    yes because jesus in arabic is eshu.

MB
    no Jesus's real name is Joshua...i have it in a name dictionary, tis aramaic

ReputationRep:
    EMMA f
    Usage: English, French, Italian, Finnish
    Pronounced: EM-a
    Derived from Germanic ermen meaning "whole" or "universal". This was the name of the mother of Edward the Confessor. This is also the name of the central character in Jane Austen's novel 'Emma'.

ReputationRep:
    Mines apparently french and means 'little red' :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Mines apparently french and means 'little red' :confused:
    Riding hood...

ReputationRep:
    HASSAN
    The muslim name meaning handsome (I know! lucky me lol, I'm not muslim though). A hardworking character who fantasizes about achievements until they become a reality. A person of fire and ice.

Well, it's something along the lines of that anyway, if I find my special made keyring I will write it out in full, but practically that is what it means.

ReputationRep:
    wow so many, god this and god that names! my name is totally different i suppose. means seasons, guess it explains the moodiness!

ReputationRep:
    Benjamin- Son of the right hand......well thats great isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    My name is Jazmin, so here goes:

JAZMIN f
    Usage: English
    Pronounced: JAZ-min
    Variant of JASMINE
    Okay...

JASMINE f
    Pronounced: JAZ-min
    From Persian Yasmin, the name of a climbing plant with fragrant flowers which is used for making perfumes.
    I am a night blooming, sweet scented flower.

I also checked kalabarians for more insight into the effect my name has on my personality...

Although the name Jazmin creates the urge to be creative and original, we emphasize that it causes a blunt expression that alienates others. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses through tension or accidents to the head.
    Your name Jazmin has given you tenacity of purpose and has made you extremely independent. Whatever you undertake, you approach from your own point of view, and others either have to conform to your ideas or go their own way and leave you to work things out for yourself. You are so narrowly focused in your pursuits that you frequently overlook the little personal considerations and attentions that create a bond of understanding and sense of companionship. Thus it is difficult for you to merge your efforts harmoniously with others.
    fun.

ReputationRep:
    Omotoyosi - she who brings joy to others.

ReputationRep:
    VALENTINE (1) m
    Pronounced: VAL-en-tien
    From the Roman family name Valentinus which was from Latin valens "strong, vigourous, healthy". Saint Valentine was a 3rd-century martyr. His feast day was the same as the Roman fertility festival of Lupercalia, which resulted in the association between Valentine's day and love.

and bloody is fairly self explanatory

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.