27.27%
Female - No (2)
18.18%
Bad Faith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Scenario: You're at risk for a degenerative genetic disorder, it affects people later in life i.e 30s and upwards and will eventually kill you, cutting your lifespan by a few decades (if something hasn't killed you first). There's no treatment or cure for this disease (although there are medications that could help ease some of the symptoms). You're given the option to take a genetic test to know if you have the faulty gene, but would you agree to take the test? And why?
Al Nicholls
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why
why
why
why
why
DabThruUni
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Al Nicholls)
Why
why
why
why
why
You still crying over that girl you couldn't get :lol:
Al Nicholls
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DabThruALevels)
You still crying over that girl you couldn't get :lol:
**** off you *******
DabThruUni
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bad Faith)
Scenario: You're at risk for a degenerative genetic disorder, it affects people later in life i.e 30s and upwards and will eventually kill you, cutting your lifespan by a few decades (if something hasn't killed you first). There's no treatment or cure for this disease. You're given the option to take a genetic test to know if you have the faulty gene, but would you agree to take the test? And why?
I wouldn't. I mean what's the point finding out if there's no cure or treatment? I'd rather just live life and hope for the best. And if I die then adios!
DabThruUni
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Al Nicholls)
**** off you *******
Calm down, someone else will come along.
Bad Faith
Rep:
?
I wouldn't. I mean what's the point finding out if there's no cure or treatment? I'd rather just live life and hope for the best. And if I die then adios!
Well, there might be some medications to ease some of the symptoms but no treatment for the underlying illness. But there's a chance you don't have the gene, in which case why have that nagging thought in your head if you're gonna be fine?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would take the test, i d rather know especially if it was genetic so if I had any kids they could also be tested for it. I had the choice to find out if I could have the condition that killed my dad, I figured it's always better to know what you could be up against, very fortunately I didn't inherit but I m glad I got tested rather than always wondering.
Yaboi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Will never understand people that choose to remain ignorant.
DabThruUni
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, there might be some medications to ease some of the symptoms but no treatment for the underlying illness. But there's a chance you don't have the gene, in which case why have that nagging thought in your head if you're gonna be fine?
Then I'd just assume I don't have have it. And if I get symptoms then I will take the medication. PLUS I wouldn't need to take the the test if I get symptoms but bc then I would already know.
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i pressed no by mistake
DabThruUni
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
I would take the test, i d rather know especially if it was genetic so if I had any kids they could also be tested for it. I had the choice to find out if I could have the condition that killed my dad, I figured it's always better to know what you could be up against, very fortunately I didn't inherit but I m glad I got tested rather than always wondering.
OH yeah the kid thing is actually a really good point, I'm an idiot for not thinking of that. I deffo change my answer. I would get tested so that I don't have to worry about whether I've passed it down to my kids.
Bad Faith
Rep:
?
:console:
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
OH yeah the kid thing is actually a really good point, I'm an idiot for not thinking of that. I deffo change my answer. I would get tested so that I don't have to worry about whether I've passed it down to my kids.
Yeah I d be more concerned about having passed it on than anything really
username2908878
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Scenario: You're at risk for a degenerative genetic disorder, it affects people later in life i.e 30s and upwards and will eventually kill you, cutting your lifespan by a few decades (if something hasn't killed you first). There's no treatment or cure for this disease (although there are medications that could help ease some of the symptoms). You're given the option to take a genetic test to know if you have the faulty gene, but would you agree to take the test? And why?
This is what's happening with Steve McDonald in coronation street rn
DabThruUni
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Yeah I d be more concerned about having passed it on than anything really
Ikr!! That would usually be the first thing I worry about. How selfish of me to not have thought of it earlier.
Bad Faith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Supernova91)
This is what's happening with Steve McDonald in coronation street rn
Haha never watched it – what a coincidence!
Al Nicholls
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Calm down, someone else will come along.
i was this close 2 having sex with her why would anyone get in the way she wasnt even good looking
WHY
WHY
WHY
WHY
WHY
WHY
WHY
username2908878
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha never watched it – what a coincidence!
Yeah because his girlfriend is pregnant but so is Leanne who he had a fling with ! So leanne is trying to make him take it without anyone else's finding out !

I would take the test and wouldn't have kids if I carried it. Don't think it's fair!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (175)
44.19%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.86%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (84)
21.21%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.85%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.81%

Watched Threads