The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science at Wolverhampton...

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has been to an interview for paramedic science at Wolverhampton Uni. If anyone has, I'd be so grateful if someone could tell me what to expect!
Regards,
Liam :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I've got mine tomorrow and I'm so nervous it's ridiculous! Have you had yours yet? If so what was it like?

Ruth
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Hi,

It's honestly not that bad! It's nothing like a traditional interview, it's values based. If you've got what it takes, they see it, so don't worry!
For the maths test, you can use a calculator so I suggest you take one or you can use your phone!
It's a long day so be prepared.

Regards,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

This is gonna sound so weird, but did you take your own food? Because I know there's a lunch break but I don't know if I need to take any or if there will be any there? Also, have you had an offer come through yet? I was wondering how long that would take?

Thanks,
Ruth
Hey,

There is a lunch break, food isn't provided but there is a canteen where you can buy food & drinks from. If you're paying by card, you have to spend minimum £4. So taking your own is totally up to you!
I had my interview last Monday and haven't received anything as of yet, they did say 2 weeks though.
Honestly, just be yourself, no need to be nervous, the people are lovely.
Let me know how you get on! :smile:

Good luck,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi

I only applied Monday & this evening recieved invite to interview Friday am! So quick..

It states numeracy test is with no calculator? and what is the Literacy?

Also it states Presentation at 9.30am but does not tell me what I need to present about?

I am a mature student and oh my gosh I feel really over whelmed as not sure what to expect at all.

Any advice would be great.
Hi :smile:

I got an email saying no calculator, however I got there and was told as of now, we're allowed to use one!
The literacy test isn't a pass or fail, it's just to see if you need any help during the degree, nothing at all to worry about!
You don't have to present anything, it's just the presentation of what the degree entails. Make sure you take all the info in as it is helpful!
Don't worry, be calm, smile and be as confident as can be! Honestly, they're all so lovely.
Little tip, revise conversions (grams into Mg etc) :P

All the best,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Liam

Thank you so much... you have put me at ease I am so cool with conversions as currently doing Access to science so do conversions daily in physics etc..

why thank you ever so much

Feel so relieved and excited now!!!

Thanks - will let you know how it goes

Lou
Honestly, enjoy it! It's not as bad as you expect it to be.
Let me know how you get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all :smile:

How did the day go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi Liam

Mine is tomorrow am?

Just trying to prepare myself but no clue what will be asked in interview so just going to be myself and hopefully my passion and determination shines through.
Oh right, sorry!

It isn't a traditional interview, it's values based so they ask you a scenario and you just have to say how you'd act/respond. Don't worry, it's going to be fine! :smile:

Liam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Thanks Liam you are a super star!!
Mine was today and it was okay! The maths was easy as pie, no need to worry. The interview was a little tough but it was actually quite fun, you're right though, it was a long day. Because I lived the closest I was left till last for the interview and left about 4. Other than that it was great!!

Regards,
Ruth
Reply 14
Well done Ruth... bet your glad it is done? Pleased it went well, a long day indeed!
I am excited eeekkkk

Did they say how long you wait to hear back?
Also silly question is Parking ok?

Lou
Well done Ruth!
It is an enjoyable day, can have a laugh! Did they say when you would hear back from them? They told me this Monday coming...

Posted from TSR Mobile
They said we'd hear back in about two weeks (10 working days it said on the form they gave us) so hopefully you'll hear back soon Liam!

Lou, the parking is only okay if you get there early! When I got there at 9 it was full and couldn't park so get there about 8 if you want a space I'd say.

Good luck!
Ruth :smile:
I honestly hope I get a place! I keep checking my UCAS, the wait is killing me, lol.
Hopefully I'll be seeing you both in September😆
Good luck for tomorrow Lou, smash it!!! :biggrin:

Liam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Lou,

How did the day go? :smile:!

Liam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hey Ruth & Liam

I had an amazing day!
Maths test - really I breezed it and interview appeared to go well. I so want to get an offer everyone was great so informal and down to earth. I was not nervous or worried really enjoyed it!!
Even if I was the oldest 😲
Good luck - defo let me know Liam amd Ruth when you hear back, only 30 places though so fingers and toes crossed 3 of them are for us!!!

Quick Reply

Latest