The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

The Beach?

I've watched a fair few videos on the internet about Swansea University and how the beach is a big plus point. I love the sea but I wondered for current students is it such a big deal? Do you even have the time to go to the beach?

Thanks!
Original post by MedSchoolHope4
I've watched a fair few videos on the internet about Swansea University and how the beach is a big plus point. I love the sea but I wondered for current students is it such a big deal? Do you even have the time to go to the beach?

Thanks!

Hi:smile: I'm a final year Medical Genetics student at Swansea. With regards to the beach, it's difficult to say how much time you would have to go there, as this would vary a lot course to course with contact hours etc. What course you looking at? However, I would say that the beach is just across the road from Singleton Campus and Bay Campus has its own private beach, so it's as accessible as you're going to find as a uni student. We try to spend some time on the Gower at weekends, as there are lots of beaches/ nice coffee shops for walks/ cycling etc. Also some socials with societies are based around the beach like bbqs/ parties, as welll as the beach volleyball team of course.

Hope this helps.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by MedSchoolHope4

Thanks!

Unless you're doing water sports, you'll hardly go to the beach. You completely forget that there's a beach here sometimes, since it's been cold most of the times.

Quick Reply

Latest