My UCAS track has changed but I'm scared to open the email

Watch this thread
damifawehinmi98
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I just got an email from UCAS to say my track has changed but immediately after I got an email from one university personally (sent off my PS two days ago, so this has been my first response) and I then shut my email down too scared to look at it. I'm a little confused getting two emails and I'm wondering if this is normal. Do universities personally email you after (besides UCAS) to say you've been rejected or do they only do this for offers? Help
A_Sircar
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by damifawehinmi98)
I just got an email from UCAS to say my track has changed but immediately after I got an email from one university personally (sent off my PS two days ago, so this has been my first response) and I then shut my email down too scared to look at it. I'm a little confused getting two emails and I'm wondering if this is normal. Do universities personally email you after (besides UCAS) to say you've been rejected or do they only do this for offers? Help
It could just be the University acknowledging your application.

Your track usually changes/updates upon recieving an offer or rejection but the University will personally email you after the Track update. And that's usually if it's an offer.

So don't worry, just be calm and open it. All the best!
ReallyWigga
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
OPEN IT!!!
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm not sure whether they email for rejections but some do for offers. All I know is that ucas track is down at the minute until tomorrow morning so the only way to find out is to read it. Best of luck!
lucyhendo
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Don't worry about this, it's most likely just a University acknowledging your application.

I applied to five universities through UCAS a few days ago and each university emailed me within 48 hours to acknowledge that they'd received my application.

However, you may also have received offers already. I've had two unconditional offers so far and I got emails from both of those universities too. It's highly unlikely that you'd receive a rejection email having only sent off your application such a short time ago, so just open your email(s)!

Best of luck!
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I received emails from some on my offers, it can be anything really. Just open it and get it over because you are just going to be stressed more the longer you leave it.
damifawehinmi98
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by lucyhendo)
Don't worry about this, it's most likely just a University acknowledging your application.

I applied to five universities through UCAS a few days ago and each university emailed me within 48 hours to acknowledge that they'd received my application.

However, you may also have received offers already. I've had two unconditional offers so far and I got emails from both of those universities too. It's highly unlikely that you'd receive a rejection email having only sent off your application such a short time ago, so just open your email(s)!

Best of luck!
It was an acknowledgement, was kind of hoping for it to be an offer lool. Quick question if you don't mind me asking but what did you do to get unconditional offers? Was it that your predicted grades were higher than the entry or something else? I'm hoping to get an unconditional from Surrey but my predicted grades (AAB) are the entry requirements for my course so I'm not sure if they'll give me an unconditional offer based off my grades.
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It was an acknowledgement, was kind of hoping for it to be an offer lool. Quick question if you don't mind me asking but what did you do to get unconditional offers? Was it that your predicted grades were higher than the entry or something else? I'm hoping to get an unconditional from Surrey but my predicted grades (AAB) are the entry requirements for my course so I'm not sure if they'll give me an unconditional offer based off my grades.
Either:
Already having your A2 grades
Having VERY high predicted grades and an amazing PS.

I had targets of A*A*Aa but my 2 insurances which were BBB requirement gave conditional so do not expect a unconditional offer because they're incredibly rare outside of those who already have their grades.
ML8020
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Vikingninja)
Either:
Already having your A2 grades
Having VERY high predicted grades and an amazing PS.

I had targets of A*A*Aa but my 2 insurances which were BBB requirement gave conditional so do not expect a unconditional offer because they're incredibly rare outside of those who already have their grades.
Third possibility: Unis give out unconditionals to as a marketing tool to "steal" the better students who the admission team think they would have received offers from better unis as well. Very high grades are not necessarily needed, Slightly above the entry requirements will do. Some unis like Birmingham, Lancaster, Leicester etc are well-known for doing this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (223)
42.31%
The paper was reasonable (226)
42.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.11%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed