wilson27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I do three A Levels, History, Geography and Geology and History and Geography have a lot of figures that I need to remember and so far I have written out flash cards that help me revise but I struggle to remember all the information on them. Has anyone got any tips on how to help me remember this information?
Ruthie2267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Flash cards are good for getting down the info but it's much more useful to discuss imo. Find a classmate who's willing to sit with you in a study period and literally just discuss your case studies or your history topics. Also get people to quiz you on important dates and figures and stats I've always found that talking and explaining things to other people is much more effective than staring at a book or some flashcards
Saying that though mind maps are my go to resource for history but even then it's the act of writing and rewriting them out that helps me remember them; flashcards will probably be effective as well so long as you rewrite out the information multiple times

And most importantly if there's loads and loads of statistics or figures focus on the absolutely essential ones if you can generalise a date (e.g. So and so was appointed in the early 1620s) then do that

Hope that's of some use!
Han-Mingi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by wilson27)
I do three A Levels, History, Geography and Geology and History and Geography have a lot of figures that I need to remember and so far I have written out flash cards that help me revise but I struggle to remember all the information on them. Has anyone got any tips on how to help me remember this information?
With history I used to make timelines to remember the dates and I tried to do this from memory too.
Rough mind maps help you to links key ideas
Graphs and figures should help with learning figures
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.17%
I'm not sure (59)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.25%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (643)
49.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed