The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Computer Science

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, anyone still waiting for MEng? And congrats to all with offers! :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I think they are going to give out all the offers and rejections on the 31st
Original post by Dillon111
Hi guys, anyone still waiting for MEng? And congrats to all with offers! :smile:

Present

I'm here too!

Still waiting​ here... can only hope for good news
I swear if I dont get an answer by friday I am going to lose it!!!!
Is there anyone still waiting for BSc? My portico still shows "Application received". I'm starting lo get nervous as the the internal deadline is coming close but I have not yet heard anything form UCL :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 247
I am still waiting for MSc. I am pretty sure that all of us waiting are simply wait-listed. Meaning, if a lot of people who already have an offer don't firm ucl we might get a chance(which is not very probable). Anyway, They will send massive amounts of rejections on Friday for sure.
Original post by isdhue
I am still waiting for MSc. I am pretty sure that all of us waiting are simply wait-listed. Meaning, if a lot of people who already have an offer don't firm ucl we might get a chance(which is not very probable). Anyway, They will send massive amounts of rejections on Friday for sure.

The system does not work like that, UCL will have already made more offers than there are places to allow for people who won't firm them, or might miss the offer in summer etc... I'm sure they'll still have plenty of offers to give, and I reckon (given the way things have worked thus far) they make a decision on a bunch of applications on Wednesday afternoons, and they will be sent back to admissions to firm/reject us on track on Thursday afternoon. On the open morning I was told all applications with any potential are sent to the CompSci department for a decision first, and that seems to be where the wait game comes in :frown: but I'm certain they'll have replied by Friday - good luck to you all, I really hope we can all be together next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anyone got a response this week?
Stop grave digging..
Reply 251
Original post by mmm1217
The system does not work like that, UCL will have already made more offers than there are places to allow for people who won't firm them, or might miss the offer in summer etc... I'm sure they'll still have plenty of offers to give, and I reckon (given the way things have worked thus far) they make a decision on a bunch of applications on Wednesday afternoons, and they will be sent back to admissions to firm/reject us on track on Thursday afternoon. On the open morning I was told all applications with any potential are sent to the CompSci department for a decision first, and that seems to be where the wait game comes in :frown: but I'm certain they'll have replied by Friday - good luck to you all, I really hope we can all be together next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sent to our dept first? yep that's 100% where the delay is, they're always super swamped with work. don't take it personally, just how the dept. is. Yeah there's always more offers than places, which was a bit of a problem for them in my year, cos many more met the offer than they expected. Best of luck all.
Anyone still on Application received? Do u think they'll reply by 31st or we will have to wait till April
Anyone still on Application received? Do u think they'll reply by 31st or we will have to wait till April

I call 5pm tonight for another huge batch of rejections, no idea if/when they'll do anymore offers at this stage they seemed fairly confident about meeting the 31st deadline as late as last week, so I doubt they were wrong about that - I think a lot will hear tonight, maybe a few tomorrow, but my money is on this evening, good luck all xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mmm1217
I call 5pm tonight for another huge batch of rejections, no idea if/when they'll do anymore offers at this stage they seemed fairly confident about meeting the 31st deadline as late as last week, so I doubt they were wrong about that - I think a lot will hear tonight, maybe a few tomorrow, but my money is on this evening, good luck all xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still on application received. Getting nervous :/
Still on application received. Getting nervous :/

me too
i called up today at around 2 pm. one of the admission staff said i will 'definitely receive a decision by the end of tomorrow'. i was hoping to just get rejected on the phone and kill that 10% of me that foolishly thinks i may still have a chance. instead i'll have to live with it and the nervousness and watch it die tomorrow... ughhh ://
Yoooo who's PUMPED FOR THAT REJECTION LETTER TOMORROW??!!
Original post by chrisw53
Yoooo who's PUMPED FOR THAT REJECTION LETTER TOMORROW??!!

meee!!! can't wait. IT'S GONNA BE LIT!
Original post by mmm1217
I'm so excited, I just can't get over how thoughtful it is of UCL to care so much about my feelings that they've spent 6 months writing this letter - that attention to detail is just so kind! I don't know about you guys but I'm expecting a sonnet, or a power ballad of some kind...

It's been 6 months since you applied to us,
grateful we were - but we did not make a fuss,
instead sending you a link to portico,
For you to check every day, but we did not know,
How to tell you the news that your straight A*s,
Grades better than most, probably better than ours,
Are simply not enough for you to study this course,
So with our deepest sympathies and a lot of remorse,
We have decided to waste 200 days of your life,
And apologise if we have caused you strife.
Thank you again, for you patience and compliance....
Have you thought about studying security and crime science?...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or perhaps studying poetry 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending