The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Computer Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by alephnu
Do any of you know around what time UCL started giving out answers for CompSci last year ?

Here's last years version of this thread...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3767303

Take from it what you will, but it looks like they'll trickle out some acceptances in the next 2-3 weeks, and 31st March appears to be an advertised date they've used in the past.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I called up and they said 31st march is deadline
Reply 62
Original post by Skeptyle
I called up and they said 31st march is deadline

Who did you call out of interest, was it the generic application department or the computing application department
I rang the generic one a short while ago and they couldn't tell me anything besides it had already went to the computing
department back in December, and suggested ringing one of the contacts the course (essentially the programme director)
if I wanted updates.
Reply 63
Beginning to freak out, I really need this offer as I'm not going to do STEP for Imperial and Durham is so far to go :frown: On a year in industry with A*A*A achieved last year and 10A* GCSE, applied beginning of October, so we're approaching 5 months now - why is computing such a nightmare to apply for :frown: I worked so hard so I wouldn't have to be in this position and yet here I am!
Original post by billibob
Beginning to freak out, I really need this offer as I'm not going to do STEP for Imperial and Durham is so far to go :frown: On a year in industry with A*A*A achieved last year and 10A* GCSE, applied beginning of October, so we're approaching 5 months now - why is computing such a nightmare to apply for :frown: I worked so hard so I wouldn't have to be in this position and yet here I am!

Same position, it sucks. All we can do is wait.
still waiting?
Original post by billibob

Original post by TiernanW
Same position, it sucks. All we can do is wait.

Same here, got step 2 and 3 for Imperial and not doing it.
Wish UCL would hurry though starting to get nervous.
Original post by sideshowbobya
Same here, got step 2 and 3 for Imperial and not doing it.
Wish UCL would hurry though starting to get nervous.

I'm feeling you. Well at least we know that we'll know this month. I'd like to think that it'll be this week or next week at the latest.
Glad I'm not the only one to ignore imperials ridiculous offer! I think they've crossed a line this year.. If I wanted to do maths at Cambridge I would have applied.. But come on UCL it's been over 20 weeks now :frown: you either like my application or you don't..

Posted from TSR Mobile
i haven't got an offer either and i'm starting to get really worried because imperial took a long time and then rejected me and i can't get it out of my head that ucl will do the same
Original post by computingtrash
i haven't got an offer either and i'm starting to get really worried because imperial took a long time and then rejected me and i can't get it out of my head that ucl will do the same

Well there is a lot of us in the same position, so I guess we could take hope in that?
*Some tumbleweed rolls across a deserted town. In the distance, the quiet 'tap tap' of refreshing emails isn't enough to stir the fortunate, tiny handful of UCL CS offer holders*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by mmm1217
*Some tumbleweed rolls across a deserted town. In the distance, the quiet 'tap tap' of refreshing emails isn't enough to stir the fortunate, tiny handful of UCL CS offer holders*

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has been 5 months since that tumbleweed rolled across a deserted town.

:colondollar::adore::banghead:
(edited 7 years ago)
YESSSSSSSSSS finally got an offer AAA
DID NOT EXPECT THAT ESPECIALLY AFTER 5 MONTHS!

Predicted: AAA

I think they have the ball rolling now:h:..
Original post by Student7866

Congratulations! :smile:

The standard offer is A*AA. Did you have special circumstances or did they just give you a lower offer?

You applied in November ?
Congrats on the place
Original post by TiernanW
Congratulations! :smile:

The standard offer is A*AA. Did you have special circumstances or did they just give you a lower offer?

Watch how us lot are still going to be waiting till March 31st

congratulations!! :^_^:
Now watch me be rejected with one A in my entire academic career, the rest all A* :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Mine has changed a little as well, but for reference mine is a MSc application rather than BSc - but I guess the entire application process is the same for both undergrad and post-grad.

As i applied directly i can check the application, it changed status today to "Currently being processed by Admissions", so it's in a new stage.

Hopefully should know shortly one way or another.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending