I need advice for a story.

Watch
Moondust.
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I'm new on the forum!
So, im thinking of starting a series of sketches that would tie up into a story, about a beautiful, mildly-schizophrenic girl with psychic abilities and a man who is a dead burn victim. He is a ghost, and he's in love with her. He tries to approach her both in her dreams and in real life (appearing almost fully alive), but he's afraid that he frightens her.
I'm posting this here, to ask for opinions and ideas. I tried to keep the description as brief as possible so that it wouldn't be tiring to read. I could write what I have in mind in more detail...
I'd also like some advice on how to get started on the story/sketches, since I find it difficult to express what is going on in my mind.
Any advice would be appreciated!
matt608
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Sounds awesome!

One question is about whether the girl is schizophrenic or psychic or both (as you say she is). It's just that if she is schizophrenic then she may be communicating with other entities that aren't actually there, unlike the dead burn victim - to which from the sounds of it she has a genuine psychic connection. May be worth sorting out the details of that if you haven't already.

If her schizophrenia is symptomatic during the story she may experience many delusions of beings who aren't actually communicating with her, if you don't want to include these experiences then thats one way to do it, or if you'd rather it just be that she has schizophrenia but doesn't experience symptoms at the moment, then that it may be worth mentioning that she is currently having a 'remission' or something, apart from some other strange experiences... (which the story is then about).

Also, have you found out much about schizophrenia and what its like to have it?

(I had a diagnosis of schizophrenia which was then changed to something else but as a result I know about it about it which is why I'm voicing these issues).

It sounds like a great idea all in all though!
tamil fever
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
sounds really good....
o-glez
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It sounds like a good idea I'd perhaps drop the part that she has 'psychic abilities'. But the fact that this girl is falling for a person that is based on a delusion, that's intriguing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads