AxSirlotl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically I'm struggling, I have a test on waves, diffraction, interference, refraction and optical fibres on Friday and I'm not sure how to revise for it. The student book they've given us is terrible for revision as it's not a revision guide. I also have a test on forces in balance on Wednesday and I'm panicking. I've tried watching some videos but I'm not sure if they're for my spec and sometimes they bring in equations I've never been taught. I need some good revision channels/books for AQA AS level physics and any advice. Thanks.
bibenevolence
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bangor uni brought out a really good revision guide online last year, be it for WJEC but it really is similar to other board's specs on waves and optics. That and past papers, from any exam board, are priceless!
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AxSirlotl)
Basically I'm struggling, I have a test on waves, diffraction, interference, refraction and optical fibres on Friday and I'm not sure how to revise for it. The student book they've given us is terrible for revision as it's not a revision guide. I also have a test on forces in balance on Wednesday and I'm panicking. I've tried watching some videos but I'm not sure if they're for my spec and sometimes they bring in equations I've never been taught. I need some good revision channels/books for AQA AS level physics and any advice. Thanks.
Use YouTube (type in the name of the topic), only write down what you don't understand and then go to Physics and Maths Tutor website and try out the question by topic files (they also have amazing noteS).
the_malis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you tried DrPhysicsA?

The textbook that I use
AQA Physics A Level Second Edition Student Book: Amazon.co.uk: Jim Breithaupt: 9780198351870: Books
AxSirlotl
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
Use YouTube (type in the name of the topic), only write down what you don't understand and then go to Physics and Maths Tutor website and try out the question by topic files (they also have amazing noteS).
Do you know any tutor websites?
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you know any tutor websites?
Nope. I just literally stick to online resources since I couldn't afford tutor.
AxSirlotl
Rep:
?
I have tried DrPhysicsA but I found it quite confusing, for example, I never knew sin(angle)/cos(angle) = tan(angle), I've never been taught that.
the_malis
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have tried DrPhysicsA but I found it quite confusing, for example, I never knew sin(angle)/cos(angle) = tan(angle), I've never been taught that.
Do you do maths, because that's one of the first things we learn in maths and physics: Resolution of angles.
AxSirlotl
Rep:
?
(Original post by the_malis)
Do you do maths, because that's one of the first things we learn in maths and physics: Resolution of angles.
I do, we've only done Core 1, a small bit of core 2 and statistics 1.
the_malis
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do, we've only done Core 1, a small bit of core 2 and statistics 1.
It's in core 1 a fair few times, but mostly in M1. That's where you'd find more practice on it.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
www.antonine-education.com is based on AQA
CraigFowler
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
DO NOT PANIC - Try meditation to relax.

Try these:-

http://physicsnet.co.uk/a-level-physics-as-a2/waves/

http://physicsnet.co.uk/a-level-phys...-a2/mechanics/

Series of 11 videos (not Dr Physics) - on waves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3x3...YrsMeR65edcKff

Series of 8 videos (not Dr Physics) - on balancing forces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6_O...4Gz-HZeNfsyjZw

Good Luck!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6_O...4Gz-HZeNfsyjZw
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads