The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry 2016/17

Who else is doing National 5 Chemistry this year? I haven't seen any threads for any National 5 subjects for this year (I'll also be making ones for other subjects) Hopefully this thread will give us somewhere to ask each other questions and discuss the course, prelims and exam etc. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScotStudent015
Who else is doing National 5 Chemistry this year? I haven't seen any threads for any National 5 subjects for this year (I'll also be making ones for other subjects) Hopefully this thread will give us somewhere to ask each other questions and discuss the course, prelims and exam etc. :smile:

That sounds good!!
I'm doing N5 Chemistry! :smile: Enjoying the course so far?
Has anyone started Unit 3?
I finished my assignment a couple of weeks ago and we're half way through Unit 3, which is really far ahead compared to my other subjects!
Original post by ii220
I'm doing my assignment in Chemistry at the moment, what is everyone else doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did my assignment in late September/early October and I'm now on Unit 3, just finished condensation polymerisation. :smile:
Reply 6
I have my prelim on thursday what do i need to know about acids alkalis and bases help pls
Unit 3?! I've only just started unit 2 and not done assignment!
Just had my prelim, I got an A :smile:

Original post by the-alt
I have my prelim on thursday what do i need to know about acids alkalis and bases help pls

How did it go?

Our school is now midway through Unit 3 (finished polymers), and just got Nuclear Chemistry and Chemical Analysis left, but we haven't started the assignment yet. How's everyone finding it in comparison to the other sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by cameron2101
Just had my prelim, I got an A :smile:

How did it go?

Our school is now midway through Unit 3 (finished polymers), and just got Nuclear Chemistry and Chemical Analysis left, but we haven't started the assignment yet. How's everyone finding it in comparison to the other sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well it went ok I haven't got my mark back though. We have done the assignment and nuclear chemistry so I think we are quite far ahead. And well done cameron
Original post by Ayesh192
Does anyone know if we need to know that anything about fermentation for the exam?

Fermentation is Biology only
Original post by bethanyharris
Fermentation is Biology only

you need to know fermentation in the use of ethanol production
Original post by sn0wleopard
you need to know fermentation in the use of ethanol production

I've never been taught that?
It's not in the syllabus anyway. A question might come up asking about ethanol production but mainly in the form of a dis/advantage question rather than knowledge of the process.
Original post by bethanyharris
I've never been taught that?
It's not in the syllabus anyway. A question might come up asking about ethanol production but mainly in the form of a dis/advantage question rather than knowledge of the process.

All you need to know is that ethanol for use in alcoholic drinks is produced by yeast fermentation, and synthetic ethanol for use as solvents is made by reacting Ethene with steam and a catalyst of phosphoric acid (ethene hydration) ^ ^
Is everyone ready for Monday? I'm definitely not :frown:
Original post by Ayesh192
Is everyone ready for Monday? I'm definitely not :frown:

i think i am on the last past paper i done i got 78% so just gonna focus on bringing that up this weekend
FullSizeRender.jpg Can someone please tell me how to do this question?

Chemistry isn't one of my strong subjects, so expect a few questions from me on here over the next couple of days. :smile:
Reply 17
NEUTRAILISATION BECAUSE a salt and water is produced
Original post by mahesh4
NEUTRAILISATION BECAUSE a salt and water is produced

I thought about it a bit more, and I might be wrong, but since an ester is produced wouldn't it be a condensation reaction?
Reply 19
yep, sorry my fault yes your right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending