The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

It would be a condensation reaction which is the same as esterification and the opposite of hydrolysis
Anyone got any guesses or knows any trends in the N5 Exam?
If your stuck on any of the Practical Chemistry Check out Miss Adams Chemistry on YouTube, If I can even pass chemsitry on Monday I'm crediting her.
Anyone help on units for heat energy questions. Do I put the mass in kg or grams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will we need to know about distillation?
After the exam, can we take away the multiple choice paper from the hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayesh192
FullSizeRender.jpg Can someone please tell me how to do this question?

Chemistry isn't one of my strong subjects, so expect a few questions from me on here over the next couple of days. :smile:

Hi!

As you can see, water is one of the products. So which type of reaction can it be?
Original post by bleak_rage
Hi!

As you can see, water is one of the products. So which type of reaction can it be?

Condensation reaction since an ester is produced? :smile:
What kind of things will we be expected to know about it? Just that it is used to separate liquids, differences in boiling points, how the experiment is set up?

Sorry for the questions! :smile:
Original post by cameron2101
After the exam, can we take away the multiple choice paper from the hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, we will be allowed to take it - or at least people in my school can.
Does anyone know how to answer the "Using your knowledge of Chemistry" questions? Thanks
Original post by bethanyharris
Does anyone know how to answer the "Using your knowledge of Chemistry" questions? Thanks

Basically, try and write as much as you can. Try and include diagrams, examples, equations, and some of theory. But always remember to be relevant to the question being asked - quality>quantity! :smile:
oh ok, thanks! :smile:
Original post by Ayesh192
Basically, try and write as much as you can. Try and include diagrams, examples, equations, and some of theory. But always remember to be relevant to the question being asked - quality>quantity! :smile:

thank you :smile:
Can you please explain why you would write the formula and make it into a redox equation to answer the open-ended question? Thanks :smile:
Reply 36
Can someone help me with this question? Not sure how to answer it..
"1 mole of hydrogen gas has a volume of 24 litres. Calculus test the volume of hydrogen has, in litres, produced when 0.01 miles of aluminium react with dilute nitric acid"
' 7. The element strontium was discovered in 1790 in the village of Strontian in Scotland. Using your knowledge of chemistry, comment on the chemistry of strontium. 3'this was a question last year in the 2016 paper how many marks do you think you could get by just listening all the data for the data booklet.
What are all the types of reactions we have to know for National 5 Exam like addition etc.
Do any of you guys have any predictions on what could come up tomorrow? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending