The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Original post by philipthegreat
What did you put for SO2 gas react with water to form an acid?

What was the question again? Was it about the ph?
Please excuse some of the pencil marks - I got these sent to me from a friend. :smile:
Ok this is what I got
1.D
2.C
3.A
4.D
5.A
6.B
7.C
8.B
9.A
10.A
11.D
12.C
13.C
14.B
15.D
16.C
17.A
18.B
19.A
20.C
Original post by Amelie240102

Yeah😕

Yes I put as the sulfur dioxide dissolves, the pH of the water decreases and the water becomes increasingly acidic
Original post by Josh broadfoot
Yes I put as the sulfur dioxide dissolves, the pH of the water decreases and the water becomes increasingly acidic

Yeah I said that when an acid is diluted with water, it's acidity decreases and ph moves towards 7.
Really good!! It didn't go into depth about anything😀

I know I was so pleased
Yeah I said that when an acid is diluted with water, it's acidity decreases and ph moves towards 7.

It's acidity increases I thought

It wouldn't move towards 7 as the pH of pure water is 7 therefore if it is becoming increasingly acidic it would move away from 7 below it
What did you guys put for the last open-ended question?
Yeah the multiple choice was pretty good. What's your next exam?

English, you?
Original post by bethanyharris
English, you?

Same :
Original post by Josh broadfoot
It wouldn't move towards 7 as the pH of pure water is 7 therefore if it is becoming increasingly acidic it would move away from 7 below it

Idk then, I was thinking about the dilution of acids.

I said SO2 was covalently bonded so it had no charge when it dissolves in water it gained hydroxide and hydrogen ions and Became acidic😕 I know it doesn't make sense
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sc49494
Same however I got A for 4 because I misread the question- I think full marks for you, and 19 for me in this section otherwise. Kicking myself.

I'm so happy😁😁
Reply 95
Anyone else accidentally miss out the label the diagram of the electrolysis thing?
Original post by Notkeen
Anyone else accidentally miss out the label the diagram of the electrolysis thing?

Nearly did!! I had like 5 min Left and i looked At the back of the paper and it had an extra diagram of it and i was like WHAT IS THAT? So i quickly did it
I'm so happy😁😁

Well done!! How'd you do in section two do you think?
Original post by Notkeen

Haha it took me forever to actually work out what to do!
Nearly did!! I had like 5 min Left and i looked At the back of the paper and it had an extra diagram of it and i was like WHAT IS THAT? So i quickly did it

I know! How did you label it? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending