Memorising quotes for Eng. Lit. 9 - 1?

Watch this thread
catherin.e
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Since the exam(s) don't allow us to use a blank copy of the text in the exam, we would need to memorise quotes. How is everybody learning these quotes? I was thinking of learning quotes for each character and the main themes. Or do you think it would be best to choose only quotes that have a lot of technique/subject terminology you can comment on, regardless of theme/character?
Eodi
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by catherin.e)
Since the exam(s) don't allow us to use a blank copy of the text in the exam, we would need to memorise quotes. How is everybody learning these quotes? I was thinking of learning quotes for each character and the main themes. Or do you think it would be best to choose only quotes that have a lot of technique/subject terminology you can comment on, regardless of theme/character?
What I would recommend is to find one or two quotes for each character and theme which have the most things you could comment on. It'll make your life a lot easier if you can find quotes that link to a character and a theme at the same time. The most important thing though is to make sure that you don't bog yourself down trying to remember a ton of quotes. I went a bit overboard last year and tried to remember 30 and only ended up using 5 or 6

Good luck with your exams!
catherin.e
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Eodi)
What I would recommend is to find one or two quotes for each character and theme which have the most things you could comment on. It'll make your life a lot easier if you can find quotes that link to a character and a theme at the same time. The most important thing though is to make sure that you don't bog yourself down trying to remember a ton of quotes. I went a bit overboard last year and tried to remember 30 and only ended up using 5 or 6

Good luck with your exams!
Thankyou, I'm gonna try being selective when picking quotes for each character and possible themes. There are quite a lot of quotes that have a lot to comment on in Animal Farm (one of the texts I am currently studying)
Eodi
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by catherin.e)
Thankyou, I'm gonna try being selective when picking quotes for each character and possible themes. There are quite a lot of quotes that have a lot to comment on in Animal Farm (one of the texts I am currently studying)
Sounds like a good idea. If you find ones that have a lot to comment on and you find easy to write about then you're sorted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads