Russian Dumplings (1)
25%
Vlad83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Chinese Dumplings Vs Russian Dumplings

Please feel free to take part in my poll about dumplings.

* Apologies in case of any offence to people here who may be vegetarian or vegan - none is intended in this thread and poll. *

The 6 pictures attached are to help you with choosing and they are by way of a graphic illustration.

The first 3 photos - the Chinese dumplings.
The last 3 photos - the Russian dumplings.

This could be on the "compare and contrast" basis.
If you could only choose one of the two, which type of dumplings would you like to try or eat - the Chinese ones or the Russian ones ?

In case you have tasted both types, which one do you like more, or which one is more delicious in your opinion - Chinese dumplings or Russian dumplings ?

If you cannot really feel the difference in taste, or in general, between the two, please feel free to state in your comment accordingly.

And if you want, please feel free to contribute and describe your opinion on, or your experiences with, dumplings generally - the Chinese ones or the Russian onesor any other possible types of dumplings, or any dish that could be similar to dumplings.

Many thanks to everyone for voting and for contributing and commenting.
Enjoy the taste !
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The picture 1 of Russian dumplings look a lot like Polish pierogi. :beard: I went to a pierogi festival a few months ago and they were delicious! I like the cheese ones. Russian pelmeni however are generally meat aren't they? They are gross - my wife likes them though.
Vlad83
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
The picture 1 of Russian dumplings look a lot like Polish pierogi. :beard: I went to a pierogi festival a few months ago and they were delicious! I like the cheese ones. Russian pelmeni however are generally meat aren't they? They are gross - my wife likes them though.
This is all very good, and it is very nice that your wife likes them.
You too might start liking them, maybe if you get a chance to try dumplings on more occasions !
Yes, the picture 1 of Russian dumplings is apparently when they are at a stage of preparation and most probably are not yet prepared in hot water. By contrast, the picture 3 is when they are fully ready.
Yes, Russian dumplings are - apparently - generally meat filled. However, there are other varieties where they are, for example, mash potato filled. Those may not necessarily be called "dumplings" though. The majority of dumplings to be found in stores or supermarkets in Russia are probably meat filled.
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Irish Dumplings :yy:
Vlad83
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arkasia)
Irish Dumplings :yy:
Thanks for telling me.
There are Irish dumplings too then ! They must be delicious !
Vlad83
Rep:
?
More votes would be great. Which dumplings would you eat ?..
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vlad83)
This is all very good, and it is very nice that your wife likes them.
You too might start liking them, maybe if you get a chance to try dumplings on more occasions !
Yes, the picture 1 of Russian dumplings is apparently when they are at a stage of preparation and most probably are not yet prepared in hot water. By contrast, the picture 3 is when they are fully ready.
Yes, Russian dumplings are - apparently - generally meat filled. However, there are other varieties where they are, for example, mash potato filled. Those may not necessarily be called "dumplings" though. The majority of dumplings to be found in stores or supermarkets in Russia are probably meat filled.
I've tried them many times and still don't like them! There's a Russian supermarket near my mother-in-law's place, so everytime my wife and I visit my wife buys loads of pelmeni. I often buy pierogi, like I said I like the cheese ones, but I tried cherry last time and they were so good too. :drool:
Vlad83
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I've tried them many times and still don't like them! There's a Russian supermarket near my mother-in-law's place, so everytime my wife and I visit my wife buys loads of pelmeni. I often buy pierogi, like I said I like the cheese ones, but I tried cherry last time and they were so good too. :drool:
OK, you are not really a dumplings individual then, that's fine.
A Russian supermarket ... EXCELLENT ! Thanks for telling me.
That is all great. And sure, cherries are delicious. And cherry pierogi must be a super thing !
aziletheb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've never had Russian dumplings. Now I'll have to go to Russia and try one!
Vlad83
Rep:
?
(Original post by aziletheb)
I've never had Russian dumplings. Now I'll have to go to Russia and try one!
Thank you, it is nice that you are interested in going to Russia and trying dumplings ! I would indeed advise you to eat them, it is great to experience for yourself, and it is a good idea to see Russia too.
However, actually you do not even need to visit Russia to try dumplings. Because, for example, they can be bought in a Russian food shop here in London - and quite possibly, in a number of other places in London and the UK too. By the way, there should definitely be Russian restaurants here in London, maybe somewhere in Central London.
Vlad83
Rep:
?
More votes or contribution through comments will really help this great dumplings thread and poll !
Vlad83
Rep:
?
More people contributing, more votes and more comments would be great !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (93)
64.58%
I don't have everything I need (51)
35.42%

Watched Threads