MHoC Awards for Parliament XXIII Watch

Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

MHoC Awards for Parliament XXIII

The time has come around again to do MHoC awards for the previous parliament.

The awards will be the same seven as last time:

1) Debater of the Parliament
The member whose sheer wit and dazzling persuasion have left you in absolute awe.

2) Newbie of the Parliament
A member who, though unheard of six months ago, has made the best impression since then.

3) Award for Best Legislation
A showstopping tract of legalese that made you go all weak at the knees.

4) Comedian of the Parliament
Awarded to the wittiest member whose contributions always give the House a few lighter moments.

5) Drunkard of the Commons Bar
The MHoC's resident drink lover who can do a superb Eric Joyce impression.

6) Mr/Ms Congeniality
The nicest member of the House.

7) The Speaker's Award (The Order of Gaitskell)
An honorary award for the member who's most caught my eye during the 23rd Parliament.

The first 6 of these are awarded by popular vote of MPs. People can nominate one another for these awards by PMing me before 7pm on Thursday 1 December, when voting will begin.

Nomination rules
* Users may make nominations for as many of the awards 1–6 as they wish, please make it clear who is your nominee for which award.
* Only one nominee per user per award.
* Nominations are only accepted via PM to me, do not post them in this thread.
* I will not accept nominations coming from users who did not post in the MHoC during the period from 26 April 2016 to 26 October 2016.
* "Newbies" must not have posted meaningfully in the MHoC before 4 April 2016.
* No nominating yourself!
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sent in my nominations

Good luck everyone
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Done
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can I please remind people:
* The legislation award is for a specific bill, not a person.
* When nominating bills, these have to be from last term.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Some of the categories were very tricky this term so I've opted to not nominate the people who are very likely to be nominated by others (mostly my prominent Labour colleagues - you know who you are!). There's a chance the following fantastic humans (and one document) will be overlooked and that'd be a terrible shame.

Debater: Saoirse:3 (in your heart, you know it to be true :yep:)
Newbie: iEthan (screw the haters! )
Legislation: V1019 (one for the ages)
Comedian: Life_peer (a witty PM :awesome:)
Drunkard: Bornblue (insightful fellow, basically lives in the bar, imagine his powers when sober! :eek:)
Congeniality: Aph (during the 23rd Parliament, has been practically saintly)
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Some of the categories were very tricky this term so I've opted to not nominate the people who are very likely to be nominated by others (mostly my prominent Labour colleagues - you know who you are!). There's a chance the following fantastic humans (and one document) will be overlooked and that'd be a terrible shame.

Debater: Saoirse:3 (in your heart, you know it to be true :yep:)
Newbie: iEthan (screw the haters! )
Legislation: V1019 (one for the ages)
Comedian: Life_peer (a witty PM :awesome:)
Drunkard: Bornblue (insightful fellow, basically lives in the bar, imagine his powers when sober! :eek:)
Congeniality: Aph (during the 23rd Parliament, has been practically saintly)
Truly honoured and did not expect that at all, thanks Ray!
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Can I please remind people:
* The legislation award is for a specific bill, not a person.
* When nominating bills, these have to be from last term.
PRSOM
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
Truly honoured and did not expect that at all, thanks Ray!
We all know TDA was trained up to throw arguments about with his law degree and JD would probably turn up to your funeral just to say "and one more thing..." but reading some of your posts I thought 'you know what, that's bloody convincing'.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We all know TDA was trained up to throw arguments about with his law degree and JD would probably turn up to your funeral just to say "and one more thing..." but reading some of your posts I thought 'you know what, that's bloody convincing'.
:toofunny:
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
PRSOM
cBay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I nominated myself for everything because I'm bloody great and if you dont agree then you're a filthy capitalist flanel.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cBay)
I nominated myself for everything because I'm bloody great and if you dont agree then you're a filthy capitalist flanel.
I guess I'm a filthy capitalist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birchington
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Order of Gaitskell - I love it!
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

It is very difficult to choose a best debater with so many members making valuable contributions to debates by writing rhetoric; repeatedly stating no; and using hear, hears. After lots if careful thinking I have come to a conclusion that the best debater in the MHoC this term is a member of the Refugee Party.

A traditionally tricky category, but when Saracen's Fez allowed a member to be nominated for the same award in two consecutive MHoC Awards, using the reasoning the member broke through in their later term, this nomination is easier this term. I believe Rakas21, and Life_peer had an excellent term this term with both members breaking through by cementing their worth, however, because I need to pick one member I shall nominate Life_peer.

This is not an easy nomination, however, I suspect some left-wing nonsense bill with a dozen flaws in will win.

Members of the MHoC are not funny, but DMcGovern was hilarious when he posted DRINK!!!!!!! after all of his posts. That comment had me on the floor laughing, so much so I needed to have my carpet replaced as the urine stains from pissing myself when laughing were becoming visible.

Raising a virtual glass is one of the stranger things the MHoC does, however, Jammy Duel needs to win this, all of the ******** he posts in the Commons Bar needs to be rewarded in some way.

6) Mr/Ms Congeniality

I do not want to spoil the left-wing's anal sex orgy, so to avoid all sorts of shock to their system, I shall nominate RayApparently who will win this award with an overwhelming vote.

This one I shall make no nomination for, however, using the silly reasons provided by past Speaker to justify awarding their cronies, I will predict some obscure left-wing MP will win the award for finally engaging in multi-word debate, or realising posting in the MHoC forum is a good thing, or to Life_peer as Saracen's Fez will give a token right-wing member the award to pretend there is no bias; the reasons for Life_peer will be for successfully leading the first Conservative government in years.
GaelicBolshevik
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)

This one I shall make no nomination for, however, using the silly reasons provided by past Speaker to justify awarding their cronies, I will predict some obscure left-wing MP will win the award for finally engaging in multi-word debate, or realising posting in the MHoC forum is a good thing, or to Life_peer as Saracen's Fez will give a token right-wing member the award to pretend there is no bias; the reasons for Life_peer will be for successfully leading the first Conservative government in years.
* Nominations are only accepted via PM to me, do not post them in this thread.
Touché though
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mewbie has to be LP, he really came into his own during his new life as a back bencher
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
6) Mr/Ms Congeniality

I do not want to spoil the left-wing's anal sex orgy, so to avoid all sorts of shock to their system, I shall nominate RayApparently who will win this award with an overwhelming vote.
Obviously, I'm touched.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

It is very difficult to choose a best debater with so many members making valuable contributions to debates by writing rhetoric; repeatedly stating no; and using hear, hears. After lots if careful thinking I have come to a conclusion that the best debater in the MHoC this term is a member of the Refugee Party.

A traditionally tricky category, but when Saracen's Fez allowed a member to be nominated for the same award in two consecutive MHoC Awards, using the reasoning the member broke through in their later term, this nomination is easier this term. I believe Rakas21, and Life_peer had an excellent term this term with both members breaking through by cementing their worth, however, because I need to pick one member I shall nominate Life_peer.

This is not an easy nomination, however, I suspect some left-wing nonsense bill with a dozen flaws in will win.

Members of the MHoC are not funny, but DMcGovern was hilarious when he posted DRINK!!!!!!! after all of his posts. That comment had me on the floor laughing, so much so I needed to have my carpet replaced as the urine stains from pissing myself when laughing were becoming visible.

Raising a virtual glass is one of the stranger things the MHoC does, however, Jammy Duel needs to win this, all of the ******** he posts in the Commons Bar needs to be rewarded in some way.

6) Mr/Ms Congeniality

Is this a sign that you are slowly realising that the liberal party is the best?
GaelicBolshevik
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by joecphillips)
Is this a sign that you are slowly realising that the liberal party is the best?
Liberal Party Manifesto Coalition meme.png

(credit goes to SoggyCabbages)
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Very funny
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (88)
14.52%
Yes - a food allergy (63)
10.4%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.48%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.64%
No (424)
69.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed