Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Predictions?

Thoughts?

Impact on the UK/ Brexit?

I'm glad Fillon's won; don't particularly care for the religious stuff but he seems like a decent candidate with the right Policies to hopefully see off Le Pen.

If Le Pen wins the EU may as well call it a day and Europe can be run by Putin loving nationalists
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
Predictions?

Thoughts?

I'm glad Fillon's won; don't particularly care for the religious stuff but he seems like a decent candidate with the right Policies to hopefully see off Le Pen.

If Le Pen wins the EU may as well call it a day and Europe can be run by Putin loving nationalists
I'm glad Fillon won, he's rather similar to my own views, an unashamedly pro-free market, pro-immigration rightist, he'll beat Le Pen for sure just like Chirac did, the French have a clever system that doesn't allow despots.
Cato the Elder
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope Fillon wins the presidency.
#ChaosKass
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Le Pen will win and I can't wait - remember Trump and Brexit? Also I'm thrilled that the face-off will very likely be between two solid right-wingers with not a leftie liberal in sight.
United Britain
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
Predictions?

Thoughts?

I hope Le Pen wins whe need nationalists in charge for a while, stronger minded leaders
Ruth200
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Both are bad. Living in france ( til next month) i wouldn't want to see fillon or le pen as president
United Britain
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ruth200)
Both are bad. Living in france ( til next month) i wouldn't want to see fillon or le pen as president
Le Pen would be the safer option anti immigration and integration lowers the chance of importing more terrorists
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ruth200)
I imagine you'd rather see Mr Boring (Hollande) continue employing suicidal economics, doing nothing about the ongoing terrorist scourge and just being generally incompetent eh?

I can understand concerns about Marine Le Pen, but Fillon is a perfectly sensible, free market mainstream conservative that would do a job as president, best of the republican field to be honest; Juppé came across as a bit of a wet noodle, so to speak. While Sarkozy's adoption of far-right rhetoric was despicable,

Fillon will win in a landslide just as Jacques Chirac did against Le Pen senoir.
United Britain
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Connor27)
I imagine you'd rather see Mr Boring (Hollande) continue employing suicidal economics, doing nothing about the ongoing terrorist scourge and just being generally incompetent eh?

I can understand concerns about Marine Le Pen, but Fillon is a perfectly sensible, free market mainstream conservative that would do a job as president, best of the republican field to be honest; Juppé came across as a bit of a wet noodle, so to speak. While Sarkozy's adoption of far-right rhetoric was despicable,

Fillon will win in a landslide just as Jacques Chirac did against Le Pen senoir.
Are you sure? France has had a lot of terror attacks so why would they put a more of the same leader in when it comes to immigration? If Le Pen does not win i think you will be surprised at the amount of votes she will win.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (111)
5%
Uncertainty around my education (333)
14.99%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (242)
10.9%
Lack of purpose or motivation (308)
13.87%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (102)
4.59%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (128)
5.76%
Loneliness (192)
8.64%
Financial worries (86)
3.87%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (93)
4.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (105)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (118)
5.31%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (194)
8.73%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (209)
9.41%

Watched Threads