The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography Unit 3: Contested Planet 6GE03 01 - 05 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Thank you I'll have a look on that

Original post by HarmanH
Dont have what ur looking for but on the left of the different page numbers and skip to page you have "tools". Click on that and you have the search thread bar.
GL
In a question about developing countries, would Israel be okay to mention?

My teacher said Israel is considered a developed country, but I think he just made a mistake trying to justify a past paper's mark scheme.
Original post by Amefish

My teacher said Israel is considered a developed country, but I think he just made a mistake trying to justify a past paper's mark scheme.

NO its developing i think, its in the middle east
Original post by am111
how confident is everyone feeling about this exam?

I'm nervous for it. But I know that I revised a lot so whatever grade I get, at least I tried my best, and tbf, I'm kinda excited to not see unit 3 anymore haha I'm sick of it
Original post by Amefish

The examiner would not discriminate you for judging a "middling" country as either developed or developing, as it's up for interpretation
Original post by Here2learn
NO its developing i think, its in the middle east

That's what I thought as well. They're definitely one of the most developed in the Middle East, but still developing..

But look at this. June 2013: "Using names examples, assess the advantages and disadvantages of contrasting technologies to secure water supplies in developing countries"

And then in the examiner's report it says: Examples or case studies needed to focus on the developing world, so case studies such as the Hoover Dam and schemes in Israel, Spain or Australia were not acceptable.
is the AS worth 50% ? and so then how much is unit 3 and unit 4 worth
Original post by ChloeJaneSmith
is the AS worth 50% ? and so then how much is unit 3 and unit 4 worth

Unit 3 is worth 30% and 4 is worth 20%
if i got 170/200 ums at AS so an A what grade would i get with like a C at A2 im really stressed and not ready
Original post by ChloeJaneSmith
if i got 170/200 ums at AS so an A what grade would i get with like a C at A2 im really stressed and not ready

Then probably a B
Good luck everyone; I'll see you on the other side :biggrin:
FML I did not expect that water question
Wow that energy source question was probably one of the hardest I've ever seen. Really difficult to write about causes of energy insecurity with a context of a future projection.
If anyone gets their hands on an unofficial mark scheme, please can you post it in this thread. I really want to get an idea of how i have done as i assume other people do
The superpowers questions were so good!
Original post by dan2808
If anyone gets their hands on an unofficial mark scheme, please can you post it in this thread. I really want to get an idea of how i have done as i assume other people do

I doubt there will be one for geography - the answers are too long and varied.
How did everyone find the unit 3 part B section ??
Original post by CJEV18
The superpowers questions were so good!

For the 15 marker, I did a paragraph saying military was the most important, a paragraph saying culture was the most important and then a paragraph saying economics. Was that what you did or did you do agree with military/ disagree with military structure?
Completely ran out of time. Didn't do last question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1599
Did anyone else not finish?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending