adi4ro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
This would be my first post on this forum so my name is Adrian. I have a question for you guys/girls. Me and my cousin are looking to go back to uni after we took a break from studying after college, we are both 21 and we would like to go to the same University basically in the same campus or at least close enough.

Problem is I'm looking for Games technology/development courses and his looking for motorsport/automotive engineering and we kind of need uni's that offer foundation year since when we came in uk it was right at the exam times so with little to no english at the time I only managed to get E in gcse and pass in functional skills level 1. I've done esol and I've been told it was supposed to get us an GCSE equivalent but at the end of the year our teacher decided to quit and forgot to close our year or something so the whole class got nothing out of it..no need to say I wasn't very pleased. So far we got Glyndwr university, any other suggestions are more then welcome. Thanks.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adi4ro)
Hi,
This would be my first post on this forum so my name is Adrian. I have a question for you guys/girls. Me and my cousin are looking to go back to uni after we took a break from studying after college, we are both 21 and we would like to go to the same University basically in the same campus or at least close enough.

Problem is I'm looking for Games technology/development courses and his looking for motorsport/automotive engineering and we kind of need uni's that offer foundation year since when we came in uk it was right at the exam times so with little to no english at the time I only managed to get E in gcse and pass in functional skills level 1. I've done esol and I've been told it was supposed to get us an GCSE equivalent but at the end of the year our teacher decided to quit and forgot to close our year or something so the whole class got nothing out of it..no need to say I wasn't very pleased. So far we got Glyndwr university, any other suggestions are more then welcome. Thanks.
I'm afraid that you'll struggle to find a foundation year course that will accept you with only level1 qualifications. Foundation years will usually require some level 3 qualifications - even as mature students they will expect to see some evidence of recent studies to prepare for university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (64)
17.49%
No one else does (118)
32.24%
I'm embarrassed about my background (38)
10.38%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (125)
34.15%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.64%
I don't have a camera (8)
2.19%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.91%

Watched Threads