Living with IBD/Crohn's & Colitis while at university

Watch
eleanor-duffy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The first week in December is Crohn's and Colitis awareness week.

I was wondering if anyone had any stories that they are willing to share about their experience with this as a young person?
RC1998
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm moving to university in September 2017 and I have IBD. Fortunately, I've had a pretty good year since finding the correct medication. However, stress does cause mild flare ups, and I'm worried that the process of moving to uni will cause me to go downhill again. Any advice or (positive!) stories would be helpful! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
physicsamor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello guys I am speaking on behalf on a sibling who went to university with Crohns/Colitis. If anyone of you are commuting to university, or just travelling for a bit you should be able to apply to one of these things that give you the magic key to all locked disabled toilets (well in London anyways) My sibling had to plan their journey and leave much earlier than anyone else, for precautions etc but they managed successfully. They were motivated to succeed at the end of the day, so even know there were a few blips here and there, nothing that majorly caused a downfall in their studies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.05%
I don't have everything I need (192)
42.95%

Watched Threads