Staffordshire University applicants for 2017 entry chat thread Watch

Alex95card
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by wendylcx)
Hi, I have applied for Policing and Investigation. Just sent off my UCAS form. i am very excited.
That is great that you are excited about your course. I am a student currently at Staffordshire university and am really enjoying my time here. I am on a different course but i lived with someone on Policing and Investigation last year and she really enjoyed it. Aside from the course itself, Staffordshire University has a wonderful sense of community and is a great place to be in my experience. If you have any questions please just let me know
wendylcx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Alex95card)
That is great that you are excited about your course. I am a student currently at Staffordshire university and am really enjoying my time here. I am on a different course but i lived with someone on Policing and Investigation last year and she really enjoyed it. Aside from the course itself, Staffordshire University has a wonderful sense of community and is a great place to be in my experience. If you have any questions please just let me know
Oh brilliant! Staffs is top of my list at the moment, what accommodation if best? I like houses and halls.
Alex95card
Rep:
?
(Original post by wendylcx)
Oh brilliant! Staffs is top of my list at the moment, what accommodation if best? I like houses and halls.
Glad to hear to want to come to Staffs too. It really is an amazing place to learn. I personally went for the Clarice Cliff accommodation which is the en-suite accommodation because I wanted my own bathroom. I really enjoyed my time there. However I also know a lot of people who enjoyed both the non en-suit halls and the houses. I would say it depends on what you value most and what kind of feel you want. Clarice Cliff is flats of 4-6 each with their own bedroom and en-suite and a shared kitchen, Leek road halls are 12-13 person corridors which share a bathroom which has 3 toilet cubicles and 2 or 3 shower cubicles ( I can't quite remember, sorry) and also shares a kitchen but still everyone has their own bedroom. Then the houses I think are shared between 4-6 and share a bathroom and kitchen with a bedroom each as before. The best way to get a feel for what you like best is an open day as you can take a tour round all 3. I would encourage you to double check all my information on the staffs accommodation page just to make sure. Hope this has helped a little bit. Any other questions or more specifics about the accommodation, particularly the en-suite as that is the one I have experience with but I'll try to answer anything.
wendylcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Glad to hear to want to come to Staffs too. It really is an amazing place to learn. I personally went for the Clarice Cliff accommodation which is the en-suite accommodation because I wanted my own bathroom. I really enjoyed my time there. However I also know a lot of people who enjoyed both the non en-suit halls and the houses. I would say it depends on what you value most and what kind of feel you want. Clarice Cliff is flats of 4-6 each with their own bedroom and en-suite and a shared kitchen, Leek road halls are 12-13 person corridors which share a bathroom which has 3 toilet cubicles and 2 or 3 shower cubicles ( I can't quite remember, sorry) and also shares a kitchen but still everyone has their own bedroom. Then the houses I think are shared between 4-6 and share a bathroom and kitchen with a bedroom each as before. The best way to get a feel for what you like best is an open day as you can take a tour round all 3. I would encourage you to double check all my information on the staffs accommodation page just to make sure. Hope this has helped a little bit. Any other questions or more specifics about the accommodation, particularly the en-suite as that is the one I have experience with but I'll try to answer anything.
I have been to an open day and the only ones I likes were the halls and houses. Just wasn't sure which would be best. I've done all my research too not sure what else there is left to research😂 Just got to wait now, trying to see if I can find someone in the same boat as me
StaffsUniDrew
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm currently a 3rd Year Psychology and Counselling Student, so if any new applicants have any questions about what the counselling course is like, or what it's like studying psychology at staffs, give me a shout! 😊
VioletBlueGreen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's the diversity like at Staffordshire? I went to an open day but I didn't feel as though there was much diversity so I was wondering if on the courses it was different
Alex95card
Rep:
?
(Original post by VioletBlueGreen)
What's the diversity like at Staffordshire? I went to an open day but I didn't feel as though there was much diversity so I was wondering if on the courses it was different
What kind of diversity are you thinking of? I'll try to include a few but if you meant something different let me know. First if you mean diversity of the students, Staffs has students from all walks of life which is one of the reasons that I picked it because it it cater for young students, mature students, students from different ethnicities, countries, and all types of backgrounds or disabilities. In terms of the courses themselves, I can only speak for certain from the experiences of my course but Staffs tries to make their courses as interesting and diverse as possible. There are certain things they have to include but I have lectures, seminars, presentations, practice demonstrations, group work, individual work and many different types of assignments. It is unlikely that any two days at uni will be exactly the same. In terms of things to do outside lectures there is over 90 clubs and societies each of which bring a like-minded group of people together and there are also nightsout which are sometimes themed. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know or if I didn't quite cover what you wanted and I'll be happy to find out the answer for you.
wendylcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by VioletBlueGreen)
What course(s) are you applying for?
And
Have you received an offer yet?
Hi, I have applied for Policing and Investigation. Just sent off my UCAS form. i am very excited.
anurse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone heard back from Adult Nursing applications? I've had 'Pending - no decision' on my applications for the last 9 weeks
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anurse)
Has anyone heard back from Adult Nursing applications? I've had 'Pending - no decision' on my applications for the last 9 weeks
Hi,

Apologies, I know that waiting for a decision is a stressful time.

We have a vast number of applications and we are working through them as quickly as possible. Fingers crossed your application will be updated shortly.

Best of luck!

If you have any questions in the meanwhile feel free to ask.

Sam
OscarPullin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Staffordshire University)
Hi,

Apologies, I know that waiting for a decision is a stressful time.

We have a vast number of applications and we are working through them as quickly as possible. Fingers crossed your application will be updated shortly.

Best of luck!

If you have any questions in the meanwhile feel free to ask.

Sam
I got invited to a application holder day, but the train costs £80 to book, I really want to go but I don't think I can afford it. What affordffordre my options?
alexina.o
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OscarPullin)
I got invited to a application holder day, but the train costs £80 to book, I really want to go but I don't think I can afford it. What affordffordre my options?

Hi there are bursaries that the uni gives out, they should have emailed
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OscarPullin)
Hi Oscar,

We are offering a travel bursary for some of our offer holder days, which means you will be reimbursed some money towards travel. Please could you direct message me your email address and i will put you in touch with the relevant person.

Sam
Courtney2511
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,
I've just made my final decision to come to Staffs, I was wondering if anyone studies Terrorism and Criminology and good give me a bit more information on the course!
Smilerman
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're coming to Staffs Uni this September I have a few blogs you could check out, to give you some advice and a few things you could look forward too.

Some Tips on what to bring with you:
http://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/student-bl...in-moving-out/

Pointers on what to do on campus:
http://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/student-bl...at-staffs-uni/

Advice on how to survive your shared kitchen:
http://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/student-bl...hared-kitchen/
jpkg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Been looking to do Games Art here, I got a conditional offer with the ability to turn it into an unconditional offer if I made it my main choice. I was wondering how common that is?

I love the look of the course here and will go to the next open day, only other options at the moment would be derby and cardiff.
MegzClarkie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A room at College Court has just come available. FEMALES ONLY Its a 10 min walk to Staffs campus and has close travel links to get to Keele University.
The room has an ensuite and a double bed with lots of storage. It has shared kitchen living area facility.
It costs £109 per week and this includes all bills.
It benefits from having a laundry room on site and 24 hour security.
Please message me for more details.
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Need a helping hand with applying to University? Our Application Experts, Phil and Ashley from Staffordshire University, are online on The Student Room, Facebook and Twitter now. Ask away!
^PO
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery - Shrewsbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
    All except Paramedic Science, Midwifery and Paramedic Science - Stoke campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
    Nursing and Midwifery, Operating Department Practice and Paramedic courses - Stafford campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.83%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.01%
Not great so far... (281)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.36%

Watched Threads