The Student Room Group

Dog free zones of cities?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
No because at least cows and pigs have a humane death in this country. In countries where dogs are eaten, they're thrown in hot oil alive and strangled.

I'm curious, did you get rejected by a dog or something? You seem very bitter boo.

But that's just a tangential point, obviously I wasn't proposing killing them in a crueller way.

I was making an equivalence.

If they are killed the same, why do they have more right to life than goats, or cows or pigs?

No, I wasn't rejected, In fact I would love to be rejected by them for ever more.

It's the opposite problem.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
But that's just a tangential point, obviously I wasn't proposing killing them in a crueller way.

I was making an equivalence.

If they are killed the same, why do they have more right to life than goats, or cows or pigs?

No, I wasn't rejected, In fact I would love to be rejected by them for ever more.

It's the opposite problem.

Oh I thought you meant killing them in a cruel way. I'm a vegetarian so I don't condone the murder of any animals at all. I obviously don't want to come off as a militant veggie.

You should try being around a dog sometime. You'll be surprised how nice they are (well most of them anyway)
Oh I thought you meant killing them in a cruel way. I'm a vegetarian so I don't condone the murder of any animals at all. I obviously don't want to come off as a militant veggie.

You should try being around a dog sometime. You'll be surprised how nice they are (well most of them anyway)

I've tried. Just can't feel the love. It would have happened by now.
I've tried. Just can't feel the love. It would have happened by now.

So what would happen if the love of your life got a bunch of dogs?
So what would happen if the love of your life got a bunch of dogs?

I don't think I'd be together with a dog lover in the first place- too much of a 'bone of contention'.
I don't think I'd be together with a dog lover in the first place- too much of a 'bone of contention'.

So you'd ask the girl to choose between you and the dog?
They are aggressive and they make me nervous.

Really tall butch bearded men make me nervous.

Create bearded tank free zones pls
So you'd ask the girl to choose between you and the dog?

I just don't think I'd be with someone who loved them in the first place, I think it's a personality thing, also dog lovers take it personally.

In that hypothetical, yeah.
I just don't think I'd be with someone who loved them in the first place, I think it's a personality thing, also dog lovers take it personally.

In that hypothetical, yeah.

What do you mean by dog lovers take it personally? I'm a dog lover and I wouldn't date a cat guy because I have a cat allergy.

Expect a lot of rejections in that case.
What do you mean by dog lovers take it personally? I'm a dog lover and I wouldn't date a cat guy because I have a cat allergy.

Expect a lot of rejections in that case.

Well it's about 40/50% max that like them right?

I mean that dog owners don't like people who don't like their dogs. Natural enough I suppose.

I don't own a cat, can't be bothered with the fur and hassle, but I do like them.
Yes they should be banned, especially on public transport. Disgusting creatures.
Well it's about 40/50% max that like them right?

I mean that dog owners don't like people who don't like their dogs. Natural enough I suppose.

I don't own a cat, can't be bothered with the fur and hassle, but I do like them.

Depends on a lot of things tbh.

Erm stick insects?
Depends on a lot of things tbh.

Erm stick insects?

What does?

And what bout stick insects?
What does?

And what bout stick insects?

People not liking others for disliking their dogs depends on things.

Just get one of those. Very low maintenance.
OP you must be one of those people who visibility draws back in fear when I walk by with my little toy poodle.

You need to confront your fear, it'll make your life easier. And I don't know what you're on about when you say that only recently have we become sentimental for dogs. They've been man's companion for hundreds and hundreds of years, they've co-evolved with us.
Original post by alkaline.
LOOOOL true

dogs have this tendency to totally ignore personal space + unnecessarily aggressive

My cat literally walks onto my pillow when i get in bed, and plonks himself down on my head, wrapping himself around it like a im wearing a russian hat :biggrin: ??
People not liking others for disliking their dogs depends on things.

Just get one of those. Very low maintenance.

Or a scorpion?
The only dog free zones I can think of are Muslim enclaves because they're not allowed to keep dogs. If you're serious, then go and live in Luton or Bradford or Tower Hamlets.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
My cat literally walks onto my pillow when i get in bed, and plonks himself down on my head, wrapping himself around it like a im wearing a russian hat :biggrin: ??

That's 'cause your its owner. Cats don't be violating strangers whereas dogs be all up on u regardless.

Also who said I like cats either lol
Original post by alkaline.
That's 'cause your its owner. Cats don't be violating strangers whereas dogs be all up on u regardless.

Also who said I like cats either lol

Cats destroy peoples gardens and flowers ... ?

Dogs do what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending