Worrying call from an unknown number?

Watch this thread
MiniDoughnuts
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I just got a call on my mobile from "Unknown", I always assume they're like cold callers or something when I get one like that so I ignored it.
Then I get a voice message, A woman speaking is asking for an interview with me, gave an address, time and date, and she has my first and last name (?!) saying I have 'inappropriate content' on my social media accounts. I don't have inappropriate content on my social media accounts, just to mention, but I'm freaked out. She said she's going to contact me again until I respond???
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I would ignore it tbh, it sounds very shady.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
sounds like scammers. just ignore them.
john2054
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MiniDoughnuts)
I just got a call on my mobile from "Unknown", I always assume they're like cold callers or something when I get one like that so I ignored it.
Then I get a voice message, A woman speaking is asking for an interview with me, gave an address, time and date, and she has my first and last name (?!) saying I have 'inappropriate content' on my social media accounts. I don't have inappropriate content on my social media accounts, just to mention, but I'm freaked out. She said she's going to contact me again until I respond???
why don't you answer it, and see what she wants?
||TheUnknown||
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I always call people on 'Unknown' :mmm:

Spoiler:
Show

But it wasn't me this time round. :innocent:

MissVampire
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

See how it goes. If it is constant for the rest of the week then go take matter to the police. Should be nothing especially if you have not posted anything explict.
clockwork_orange
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yeah it's probably a scam. Just ignore and if it happens again a few times, report it.
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Where is she telling you to meet her?
MiniDoughnuts
Rep:
(Original post by john2054)
why don't you answer it, and see what she wants?
If I get another call from her I will :P Hopefully this is the end of it.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ||TheUnknown||)

Spoiler:
Show

Ohh so it's you :mmm: Guess it means I already have your number
MiniDoughnuts
Rep:
(Original post by l'etranger)
Where is she telling you to meet her?
Somewhere near my area, London, I've checked out the place she told me online and there aren't any proper organisations there, just cafes and stuff like that.
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Somewhere near my area, London, I've checked out the place she told me online and there aren't any proper organisations there, just cafes and stuff like that.
I was gonna go instead
MiniDoughnuts
Rep:
(Original post by MissVampire)
Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

See how it goes. If it is constant for the rest of the week then go take matter to the police. Should be nothing especially if you have not posted anything explict.
That's good to know, thank you This stuff just makes me nervous didn't expect to have some woman having a go at me for "bad content" and trying to meet with me lol
KyleH123
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ||TheUnknown||)

Spoiler:
Show

tuttut get your own phone tuttut
MiniDoughnuts
Rep:
(Original post by l'etranger)
I was gonna go instead
haha well at least someone would be going 'cos I sure as hell am not meeting with a stranger in a weird part of town... :')
MissVampire
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
That's good to know, thank you This stuff just makes me nervous didn't expect to have some woman having a go at me for "bad content" and trying to meet with me lol
I'd probably be the same if I got a call like that. Just don't stress. Just keep track if it does occur again.
Chikkinn
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It's a scam, they don't have anything on you. Unless you sent naughty pictures to someone you didn't know pretending to be a hot girl, apparently that happens now. In either case, I guess they'll ask you for money to keep them quiet; assuming you didn't give them anything, you can just ignore them.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Thank your lucky stars you don't have a landline - you tend to get more calls like this on it than actual real calls! Just ignore it and don't worry about it - they don't know anything about you, or even who you are.
Maddie088
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
deffo ignore, but if she does call again, answer and question her! Ask to speak to the manager or threaten the police. They'll soon stop if theyre dodgy!
Trevish
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Get a police with you if possible and file for harrasment

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (43)
34.13%
The paper was reasonable (50)
39.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (21)
16.67%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
9.52%

Watched Threads