DVD to AVI Conversion Watch

This discussion is closed.
Knight-Errant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I tried making an AVI from a DVD using AutoGK but that didn't work, it said exception: range check error. I used XMPEG and that worked but the output file was 5gb (I set it to 2gb max). So I was wondering if anyone knows of another way/program to make my DVD into a smaller AVI. Thanks.
Swim By
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Knight-Errant)
I tried making an AVI from a DVD using AutoGK but that didn't work, it said exception: range check error. I used XMPEG and that worked but the output file was 5gb (I set it to 2gb max). So I was wondering if anyone knows of another way/program to make my DVD into a smaller AVI. Thanks.
try this

http://www.divx.com/divx/drdivx/

i've never used it, but if it does what it say it does then i think tis what you're looking for.

most of the avi files you see on the net are Divx format and size-quality ratio tends to be pretty good.
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dr divx is very good for compressing avi's. I cracked it and used it to compress my videos on www.bridporttrials.co.uk .

If you need a program to convert vob files to avi's try virtualdub
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (364)
91.92%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (32)
8.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise