Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you pay the 1,100 at the beginning of the year or is it paid by installments over the year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    Do you pay the 1,100 at the beginning of the year or is it paid by installments over the year?
    I would check with the Uni themselves. Durham lets you pay either in 2 installments or in one lump sum. Others may be different!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I thought it might depend on the uni, anyone know what it is for Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    Yes I thought it might depend on the uni, anyone know what it is for Nottingham?
    (Original post by Nottingham Tuition Fees - Regulation 8.9)

Any student who is required to pay part or all of their tuition fee must pay either in full at registration or in three instalments as detailed on their first invoice.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Expression, I did have a look on the nottingham website but didn't see that.

ReputationRep:
    Another question - when top up fees come into force will I then have to pay them, even though they don't affect me now?

I mean, they won't affect me my first year, but once they come into force the year after, will I have to pay that rate for my second year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Another question - when top up fees come into force will I then have to pay them, even though they don't affect me now?

I mean, they won't affect me my first year, but once they come into force the year after, will I have to pay that rate for my second year?
    No you won't have to pay them.

If you join the University before the academic year of the introduction of TUFs then you'll continue paying £1100 / £1125 / £1175 etc per year until the conclusion of your course, regardless of what new intake would be paying when TUFs apply to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)

Im pretty sure they will not affect you if you're already at uni when they are introduced.

ReputationRep:
    Thats good to know, thank you both.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.