This discussion is closed.
young_free
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Do you pay the 1,100 at the beginning of the year or is it paid by installments over the year?
dave134
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by young_free)
Do you pay the 1,100 at the beginning of the year or is it paid by installments over the year?
I would check with the Uni themselves. Durham lets you pay either in 2 installments or in one lump sum. Others may be different!
young_free
Rep:
?
Yes I thought it might depend on the uni, anyone know what it is for Nottingham?
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by young_free)
Yes I thought it might depend on the uni, anyone know what it is for Nottingham?
(Original post by Nottingham Tuition Fees - Regulation 8.9)

Any student who is required to pay part or all of their tuition fee must pay either in full at registration or in three instalments as detailed on their first invoice.
young_free
Rep:
?
Thanks Expression, I did have a look on the nottingham website but didn't see that.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Another question - when top up fees come into force will I then have to pay them, even though they don't affect me now?

I mean, they won't affect me my first year, but once they come into force the year after, will I have to pay that rate for my second year?
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Another question - when top up fees come into force will I then have to pay them, even though they don't affect me now?

I mean, they won't affect me my first year, but once they come into force the year after, will I have to pay that rate for my second year?
No you won't have to pay them.

If you join the University before the academic year of the introduction of TUFs then you'll continue paying £1100 / £1125 / £1175 etc per year until the conclusion of your course, regardless of what new intake would be paying when TUFs apply to them.
Chris_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)

Im pretty sure they will not affect you if you're already at uni when they are introduced.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thats good to know, thank you both.

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (39)
8.14%
Confident (65)
13.57%
Indifferent (67)
13.99%
Unsure (119)
24.84%
Worried (189)
39.46%

Watched Threads