The Student Room Group

Does the police issue warnings over the phone? :S

Today I got a call from a private number. The person knew my name and told me that I am being issued with a verbal harassment notice?!
I haven't harassed anyone, so I was a bit shocked. I asked him why but before he could speak the line got disconnected and then he did not call back.

Would it be silly to call the police non-emergency number to ask if this was a genuine call?
Reply 1
lol you got pranked
Reply 2
Prank call.
Thank you for your replies. But how come the number showed up as a private number? Even if a person withholds a number, it shows up as unknown number/number withheld, but not private number. :frown:
Lmao title made me imagine a police officer saying "you've been a cheeky boy/girl and I'm warning you for your behaviour, OK" over the phone. You got trolled :rofl:
Reply 5
Original post by chocolat321
Thank you for your replies. But how come the number showed up as a private number? Even if a person withholds a number, it shows up as unknown number/number withheld, but not private number. :frown:

They were probably using their landline and have it set up as a private
Reply 6
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lmao title made me imagine a police officer saying "you've been a cheeky boy/girl and I'm warning you for your behaviour, OK" over the phone. You got trolled :rofl:

Lmao :h:
Reply 7
????
Original post by chocolat321

when they called your number they put the numbers 141 before your number like this
* = your number
141*************

this makes a number private
Reply 9
?????

Quick Reply

Latest