Spanish GCSE Coursework grades help

Watch
username2931236
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I completed my Edexcel GCSE Spanish coursework in year 10 and got 2 A*s and 2 As. (I'm in yr 11 now)
Does anyone have an idea of what mark I would have to get in the reading and listening exams in June to average an A* overall? Contemplating whether to re-do my coursework for at least one more A* but I don't think it's a good idea to put that kind of pressure on myself with a lot of other things to revise.

Thanks for the help!
ions
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If it helps, I got A* A* A B in my CAs and got an A* overall. But I got high marks in the exams. I also did AQA so not sure how that differs.
How much is each area weighted? For AQA it was 60% CA 40% exam, if its the same for edexcel then you'd need to make sure you got an A* in the exams.
username2931236
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ions)
If it helps, I got A* A* A B in my CAs and got an A* overall. But I got high marks in the exams. I also did AQA so not sure how that differs.
How much is each area weighted? For AQA it was 60% CA 40% exam, if its the same for edexcel then you'd need to make sure you got an A* in the exams.
Pretty sure edexcel is the same percentage. Do you think I should take the opportunity to re-test for my coursework or just study really hard for the exams? Memorising my oral piece again would be so stressful, but I was wondering if it would be better to go in to the exam with at least 3 A*s? Aggghhhhh
Thanks for the help!!!
ions
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by misstiah_h)
Pretty sure edexcel is the same percentage. Do you think I should take the opportunity to re-test for my coursework or just study really hard for the exams? Memorising my oral piece again would be so stressful, but I was wondering if it would be better to go in to the exam with at least 3 A*s? Aggghhhhh
Thanks for the help!!!
I don't want to be responsible for you not getting an A*, but it depends on how you are with the exam. I know it's early days but how good at it/confident are you with the exam? It would be safer to redo a CA definitely but I'm not sure it's really necessary! Maybe wait for your mock result and decide then?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
15.93%
I'm not sure (8)
2.71%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (101)
34.24%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.36%
I'm not a current university student (135)
45.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed