The Student Room Group

How much sleep do you get?

Scroll to see replies

I always try to get 9, but I have insomnia so it usually ends up a lot less than that. On weekends I'll sleep up to 13/14. My record is 2 and a bit days :laugh:
(edited 7 years ago)
Not enough.
Reply 22
Original post by nathanfield
Live for the sesh yeeeh

Lmaooo I wish, I'm just trying to catch up on all the Law work I got, the sesh is on pause till I don't have a literal mountain of work to do :frown:
Up at 7 weekdays so I go to bed between 10.30 and 11.30 PM. So that's about eight and a half hours. But being an old fart I often wake up once in the night needing a widdle, so then it takes me ten minutes or so to go back to sleep. Wake up more than once in the night and i'm wrecked. Sometimes my cats wake me up [I have 3 ] and want to go out, although not too often. Weekends, unless there is something really fantastic I want to catch up on on via the iplayer [need to get my TV fixed] I usually go to bed around 11.30. Saturday and Sunday mornings if I wake up I always go back to sleep. Often I will have some breakfast and then go back to bed for a couple of hours. Pull the phone out and just wake up naturally [or when either my son or the cats wake me up,LOL]. A few weeks ago one weekend I woke up ,after going back to bed again, at four o'clock in the afternoon !!
Original post by MPH125
There literally isn't a denomination low enough. This is my third all-nighter in a row, and before this, I had about 2 hours sleep. All-nighters are pretty much the norm at this point: University will be the death of me.

Has it affected your work?
Reply 25
Original post by RayApparently
Has it affected your work?

Without a doubt. I find that it's hard to focus in lectures and when it comes to actually doing the work, trying to juggle everything is taking a huge toll on me, psychologically, but with the amount of work I have, I just can't afford to waste time sleeping.
depends what time i sleep but usually its 7-8hrs
Aim for 7
Get 6 at most
Not sleeping at the moment because life :frown:
i get around 7 on school nights
12/14 hours on weekends

Original post by cdoyle
4 hours quality sleep even though in bed for 8 hours

4 hrs sleeping
4 hrs jerking it

nicely done.
weekdays 5, weekends 13, large difference i know :smile:

the 5 during the week is stupid but un avoidable really, i always have loads of work to do and i have to get up at 6:25 to get the first bus that runs on my route (which is normally full and i end up late and in trouble :/ anyway). meh, sleeps over rated
Seven hours as a rule. sometimes just six. If I am very, very tired I even sleep for eight or nine hours.
9 hours every night :smile:
Reply 32
Should've included an option for less than 4 and more than 14.
Reply 33
6 hours on a bad night
8 hours on a good night
Original post by MPH125
There literally isn't a denomination low enough. This is my third all-nighter in a row, and before this, I had about 2 hours sleep. All-nighters are pretty much the norm at this point: University will be the death of me.

3 days without sleep. No. No. No. No.
WHY

I go 1 day without sleep i turn into a cranky-ass woman
go to sleep ~22:30/23:00, wake up at 07:00 routinely.
Reply 36
Original post by KyleH123
3 days without sleep. No. No. No. No.
WHY

I go 1 day without sleep i turn into a cranky-ass woman

Oh trust me, I am a cranky-ass woman, but this cranky-ass woman's degree isn't going to wait for her to do normal things like sleep and go to work lmao
A near-perfect normal distribution. How beautiful!

Something to show any secondary-school students who say maths doesn't matter.
Original post by gr8wizard10
5 hours on a good night

On a good night? so lesser than 5 hours as a rule? is that not harmful to people's death, if they are sleeping lesser than 6 hours?
Original post by MPH125
Oh trust me, I am a cranky-ass woman, but this cranky-ass woman's degree isn't going to wait for her to do normal things like sleep and go to work lmao

I yawn all day regardless of whether I've slept well. Can function off 3 hours sleep but even 1 day without it and it's like i'm on my period.

I think there are health risks after like 2 days of no sleep? Don't you feel awful?

Quick Reply

Latest