Report 3 years ago
k...
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whoever created this needs to rot in hell for defiling such a score with that tyrant's wretched memory.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
Castro was a sheep, wasn't even a communist for the first two years of his reign then jumped on the bandwagon because he realised via Stalin and Mao that "crushing the bourgeoisie" (whatever that means) is actually a good excuse for murdering all opposition to your reign! Who knew? /s
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Castro was a sheep, wasn't even a communist for the first two years of his reign then jumped on the bandwagon because he realised via Stalin and Mao that "crushing the bourgeoisie" (whatever that means) is actually a good excuse for murdering all opposition to your reign! Who knew? /s
America was leaden footed over the Cuban Revolution effectively supporting the interests of the Cuban backers of the Batista regime rather than America's interests. The Cuban situation in 1959 was very similar to that in the Philippines in 1986. Reagan handled the fall of Marcos far better than Eisenhower had handled the fall of Batista. Indeed the 1980s were a golden age for US intervention.

Most of the world's revolutionary dictators are made not born. The megalomaniacs are few in number. The others end up murdering and gaoling to protect their personal security and the cause for which they fought. Cuba, with American support, could have returned to democracy under the early Castro.
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah, fidel really served his country, didn't he
promises of free elections and liberty...and "anti-communist liberation"...
and 50 years later...errr...yeah, he's still here, as an unquestionable *communist* dictator (or he was until 09) with his ****ing brother as his replacement. I mean if that doesn't spell out "corrupt, nepotistic autocrat" in the same way it does in north korea, what the **** would? people say cuba is a great example of communism and castro was a good leader...****ing how though? people in cuba live on $20 a day, while the castros...were/are multi-millionaires...jezza called him a "champion of social justice"...how?! cuba healthcare really isn't very good too - they simply pump more resources into healthcare in cuba (and even then, it's pretty piss poor by modern western standards) and detract from a lot of other very important sectors and areas...
also, anybody remember the cuban missile crisis? castro ENCOURAGED the hostilities and he egged on the kremlin to not back down. he was an ecourager of NUCLEAR WAR.
and did I forget to mention that cuba for several years now is going to way of the SU and PRC in that they're having to privatise a **** load of industries because COMMUNISM IS MAKING CUBA POORER?
**** fidel, and che guevara. especially che guevara. a total facade. che guevara is a classic example of how enough propaganda will propel a murderous stalin-wannabe into frame and glory; the t shirts with his face on are a product of WESTERN CAPITALISM, not communism, too. so to wear such things is the biggest load of hypocritical insanity imaginable. it's very typical of the left - protesting capitalism and then heading straight to starbucks...and it's also very audacious of the left to support such a brutal dictator simply because of the fact that health care there is better than the other surrounding islands - is a brutal dictatorial regime of suffering and needless, endless misery really that much of a good price for slightly better healthcare?!
MPH125
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is this the version of the song used for Sir Winston Churchill's funeral? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Xkr8z3lEo) because I feel like using that particular arrangement is a bit on the nose, but ok. In fact, no matter what you think of Castro, I believe the biggest crime here is only playing 2:52 minutes of a 5:28 minute song. You didn't even cut it off at an appropriate point, you just faded it out like some kind of savage. Thoroughly disappointing indeed. :hat:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (504)
59.72%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.09%
No- I want it (240)
28.44%
No- I don't want it (57)
6.75%

Watched Threads