The Student Room Group

Applying for a loan for January.

Hi,

I am potentially looking to move into halls in January, having started my course in September. I know how to apply for a maintenance loan, but I just wondered how this would be paid? As I am trying to figure out around how much the loan will be in order to work out if I will be able to afford the accommodation I am looking at.

Thank you :smile:
Hi

Your maintenance loan is paid in three installments . The dates for these payments to be made are in line with the University term dates.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Louise SFE
Hi

Your maintenance loan is paid in three installments . The dates for these payments to be made are in line with the University term dates.

Thanks

Ok, so would the difference between me applying now and others who applied in September be that I would only receive 2 out of 3 installments as opposed to 3 out of 3?

Thanks!
Original post by bethany_shaw
Ok, so would the difference between me applying now and others who applied in September be that I would only receive 2 out of 3 installments as opposed to 3 out of 3?

Thanks!

Hi Bethany,

This may be the case depending on when you update the details, as if you update before the payment date then it will be released within 3-5 days of it been updated.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest