Should Teresa May attend Castros funeral?

Watch
Poll: Should Teresa May attend Fidel Castros funeral.
Yes. It would promote Britain as a respectful country. (11)
36.67%
No. (19)
63.33%
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I think its quite unprofessional and un-leader like that May is not attending the funeral of Fidel Castro.
Many other heads of state are attending because they represent the respect of their own countries to morn. Castro is one of the longest serving leaders in the world who brought equality and hope to Cuba, both of which are British values too.

If Teressa May attended the funeral she would be promoting Britain and our values. We share a lot with Cuba, we are both Islands and soon like Cuba we will be facing isolation.
Willy Pete
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I see nothing wrong with her actions, he was a dictator and quite a violent one at times.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think it makes much difference to anything tbph
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Where's the "be quiet, you're talking testicles" option?
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Britain fawned all over Saudi Arabia following the death of the vicious autocrat King Abdullah last year, so I don't see why not.
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
May should attend a collective ****-on-his-corpse event, yes.
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Judging by the content & regularity of your somewhat ludicrous posts I don't think it'll be long until you're invited to be a member of Jeremy Corbyn's shadow cabinet OP.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Castro is one of the longest serving leaders in the world who brought equality and hope to Cuba,
Yes, of a kind. All were equally in the gutter (except for his family and friends, of course) and all hoped for an end to the regime.
███████████████
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your motives are good OP but it would be an insult to a man as great as Castro to have a political leader like May at his funeral.

It makes me laugh to see all of these little people on this website taking the moral high ground saying Castro was a dictator while ignoring the far greater crimes of the imperialists.

There is only one thing to be said to them: You can dance on a lion's grave but you will never be a lion.
Ambitious1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
Yes, of a kind. All were equally in the gutter (except for his family and friends, of course) and all hoped for an end to the regime.
I read once that Castro wanted every Cuban family to live live in a mansion, if that was possible. That was his idea of a classless society. He didn't want a nation of peasants he wanted the best for everyone but all to be equal. Cuba does however have the best healthcare in the Americas only Canada was perhaps better. The US healthcare system might be modern but only the rich can afford to use it.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I read once that Castro wanted every Cuban family to live live in a mansion, if that was possible. That was his idea of a classless society. He didn't want a nation of peasants he wanted the best for everyone but all to be equal.
if he wanted it and he had the power (as he did) why did it not happen, despite fifty years of Castro being in charge?
Ambitious1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
if he wanted it and he had the power (as he did) why did it not happen, despite fifty years of Castro being in charge?
Economic sanctions from the US didn't help.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Economic sanctions from the US didn't help.
Nevertheless, he didn't even try, did he? And he persecuted his people. The first duty of any state is to protect its citizens. In this, Castro failed abysmally.
JamesN88
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tempest II)
Judging by the content & regularity of your somewhat ludicrous posts I don't think it'll be long until you're invited to be a member of Jeremy Corbyn's shadow cabinet OP.
:laugh:

Mate he's Jezza and Diane's love child without a doubt.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
Britain fawned all over Saudi Arabia following the death of the vicious autocrat King Abdullah last year, so I don't see why not.
There is no oil in Cuba and they don't buy us arms.
#ChaosKass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tempest II)
Yes, commie Corbyn needs all the allies he can get now Labour are inches away from the dustbin.
DetectivePeralta
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, he was a brutal dictator.
DetectivePeralta
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
Just because we did something in the past doesn't mean we need to keep on doing it,
tamil fever
Report 3 years ago
yes
idk why but yes
Cato the Elder
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I read once that Castro wanted every Cuban family to live live in a mansion, if that was possible. That was his idea of a classless society. He didn't want a nation of peasants he wanted the best for everyone but all to be equal. Cuba does however have the best healthcare in the Americas only Canada was perhaps better. The US healthcare system might be modern but only the rich can afford to use it.
I'd rather live in the U.S. than Cuba, even if Cuba has better healthcare. What's the point of living in a country with good healthcare if you have no freedom? Life isn't worth living on an island prison.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (217)
33.8%
No (425)
66.2%

Watched Threads