The Student Room Group

Driving Test this week! Help!

Hi Everyone, (first post here :biggrin: )

I have my driving test this week, im pretty confident with everything apart from huge 5 exit / 3 lane roundabouts - i know im not the only one :tongue:

Also my test is on a weekday at 8:20am, (rush hour) , do you guys think this is a good time or a bad time!? I was thinking good as it may be rush hour so not much driving will be done, but im not too sure now!

Any tips on roundabouts and for the test in general would be much appreciated :biggrin:

Original post by AJT1
Hi Everyone, (first post here :biggrin: )

I have my driving test this week, im pretty confident with everything apart from huge 5 exit / 3 lane roundabouts - i know im not the only one :tongue:

Also my test is on a weekday at 8:20am, (rush hour) , do you guys think this is a good time or a bad time!? I was thinking good as it may be rush hour so not much driving will be done, but im not too sure now!

Any tips on roundabouts and for the test in general would be much appreciated :biggrin:

First of all, good luck for it.

8.20 is probably a difficult time simply because there are more cars and more potential errors. That said, I passed mine first time in the 4pm rush hour, and sitting in traffic isn't that hard :smile:

Try to approach roundabouts ready to stop if nessecary but also prepared to pull away if clear. Really focus on staying in your lane and aware of everything around you (look in the right mirror). And go at a constant speed in second or third gear for medium sized roundabouts.
Reply 2
Original post by james813
First of all, good luck for it.

8.20 is probably a difficult time simply because there are more cars and more potential errors. That said, I passed mine first time in the 4pm rush hour, and sitting in traffic isn't that hard :smile:

Try to approach roundabouts ready to stop if nessecary but also prepared to pull away if clear. Really focus on staying in your lane and aware of everything around you (look in the right mirror). And go at a constant speed in second or third gear for medium sized roundabouts.

Thanks for the advice, will definitely help!
Unfortunately i turned up at the test centre today to find my test has been cancelled due to the icy roads. only if my test was a few hours later i would have been ok :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest