The Student Room Group

Make up to hide domestic violence

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2

"Every word of the Quran is perfect, timeless and universal" - "Wife beating is wrong".

Agreed. I'm not going to have a debate, so we'll just leave it at that but notice how I didn't quote :confused:
Sorry for quoting but this show has just rubbed me up wrong and made me absolutely furious.
Horrible!
What do you make of this?

https://katiepiperfoundation.org.uk/camouflage-make-up/

Is Katie Piper sending out the message? Should she not be allowed to get on with her life or should she be be encouraging victims of acid attacks not to hide away?
Original post by Sternumator
What do you make of this?

https://katiepiperfoundation.org.uk/camouflage-make-up/

Is Katie Piper sending out the message? Should she not be allowed to get on with her life or should she be be encouraging victims of acid attacks not to hide away?

Site is currently under construction or something.
I'm fine with her covering with makeup etc but that domestic abuse thing just got to me as someone close to me has suffered.
I guess it totally depends on the way you look at it.
If you;re so furious about violence and abuse, why do you follow a religion which clearly gives men permission to hit their disobedient wives (as a third step)? (Quran verse 4.34) How can the Quran be perfect and timeless when it permits violence towards women?
Original post by Achaea
If you;re so furious about violence and abuse, why do you follow a religion which clearly gives men permission to hit their disobedient wives (as a third step)? (Quran verse 4.34) How can the Quran be perfect and timeless when it permits violence towards women?

:biggrin:
Would I believe in my religion if it oppressed me in any way? Nah
If you are genuinely wondering then read below, but if you are just looking to debate then don't because I already made clear I'm not looking to debate and so to do that would just be disrespectful. In brief as follows:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Ah, I see. Apologetics for 'divinely'-sanctioned abuse and violence from someone who claimed a few hours ago to be furious at abuse and violence. Awesome. I've seen these lame apologetics for the abuse sanctioned in the quran a million times, by the way. They never get any more convincing. They only make me even more convinced that islam is a truly horrible ideology.

'and so to do that would just be disrespectful' LOL. I'm not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to debate or answer my posts. To me, a woman apologising for, excusing, minimising and justifying violence towards women is about the most disrespectful thing I can think of, while to you it means someone asking you a question on TSR and drawing attention to aspects of your religion you'd rather sweep under the carpet. ROFL. If you don't want to debate, why on earth are you posting on a debate forum?
So you don't think sanctioned violence against you oppresses you

Odd.
Original post by Achaea
Ah, I see. Apologetics for 'divinely'-sanctioned abuse and violence from someone who claimed a few hours ago to be furious at abuse and violence. Awesome. I've seen these lame apologetics for the abuse sanctioned in the quran a million times, by the way. They never get any more convincing. They only make me even more convinced that islam is a truly horrible ideology.

'and so to do that would just be disrespectful' LOL. I'm not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to debate or answer my posts. To me, a woman apologising for, excusing, minimising and justifying violence towards women is about the most disrespectful thing I can think of, while to you it means someone asking you a question on TSR and drawing attention to aspects of your religion you'd rather sweep under the carpet. ROFL. If you don't want to debate, why on earth are you posting on a debate forum?

:rolleyes: i wasnt trying to convince you. You simply asked a question as to why I believe in my religion if I'm opposed to abuse and I briefly explained.
I've not swept it under the carpet.
True about the debate forum. Shall keep that in mind for the future.
Peace out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest