The Student Room Group

Barclays Apprenticeships 2017?

Hey guys,

I have sent my UCAS application off to study law. Predicted AAA grades.

However, none of my friends are going to university and I am still unsure whether it is the right choice for me. I'd like to stay at home with all my friends.

The Barclays Higher Apprenticeship is something that really appeals to me. It mentions requiring 200 UCAS points though which would be equal to more than AAA though?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows when the application process for 2017 begins because it only mentions it being closed for the 2016 entry?

If anyone is doing an apprenticeship with Barclays I would love to hear how you are getting on.

Would like to get in touch with them about this scheme but I am unable to find an email adress.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm on the Leadership and Management apprenticeship. Any questions feel free to send me a message.

Applications usually open about Jan/ Feb.

Which apprenticeship were you thinking about?
Reply 2
Hello Jack. Do you think it's hard to get an apprenticeship for a mid 20's guy on your field?

Original post by jackhaugh
I'm on the Leadership and Management apprenticeship. Any questions feel free to send me a message.

Original post by 4keven4
Hello Jack. Do you think it's hard to get an apprenticeship for a mid 20's guy on your field?

Hi there,

It honestly depends on the scheme. Do you mean specifically on the L&M programme that I'm on? If so, it has nothing to do with age and it's 100% focused on suitability for the role. Our cohort last year was 17 people aged from 18-35.

Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Is it 200 UCAS points under the new UCAS points system or the old one?
Probably the old one, I had no idea there was even a new one.
i want to apply for the Human Resource (HR) or Leadership and Management apprenticeship but i have few questions?
when do applications open?
how many roles are availble per scheme?
which london office is the HR apprenticeship based on?
is there any online tests u have to complete?
im predicted ABC and have two week work experience in HR do u think i have a realistic chance of getting a place.
Anyone done the digital interview via Hirevue, 2017 applications or prior to 2017 applications?
Reply 9
Original post by bradsenior
Anyone done the digital interview via Hirevue, 2017 applications or prior to 2017 applications?

I have completed the digital interview.

Safe to say I will not be getting a place haha!

I let my nerves get the better of me :frown:
Original post by pzara

I'm sure it can't have gone that bad, are you applying for the Leadership and Management Apprenticeship?

Could you please tell me what they asked you exactly?

Would be much appreciated as I'm applying for Birmingham and am doing my digital interview later.
Original post by pzara

Lol same for me.
For each question I only spoke for like 25 seconds
What sort of things did they ask you two?
Reply 13
Original post by jackhaugh

Hi Jack, could you please let me know what the typical salary for a Barclays higher apprenticeship is please?
Reply 14
Hey, I've applied for a higher apprenticeship and due to do the digital interview. Can anyone tell me what questions will be asked? Much appreciated:smile:
Original post by amir976
Lol same for me.
For each question I only spoke for like 25 seconds

Hey, what questions did they ask? Also, how long did the interview take?

Btw which one did you apply for?
I have applied for leadership and management and did my digital interview a couple of weeks back now.
It was a mixture of more numeracy tests and competency based questions.

I got an email stating after the interview they would get back to us week commencing 24th April.

Does anyone know how much notice they tend to give for the assessment centres??
Original post by danieeeyelle
I have applied for leadership and management and did my digital interview a couple of weeks back now.
It was a mixture of more numeracy tests and competency based questions.

I got an email stating after the interview they would get back to us week commencing 24th April.

Does anyone know how much notice they tend to give for the assessment centres??

After u completed the test u should've received the email saying when u will be notified for the outcome for ur results.

It should be in two weeks time
Original post by amir976
After u completed the test u should've received the email saying when u will be notified for the outcome for ur results.

It should be in two weeks time

The initial tests, (numeracy, verbal, etc) took two weeks to get back to me.
After the video interview i got an email stating they get back to you from the 24th.
Original post by danieeeyelle
The initial tests, (numeracy, verbal, etc) took two weeks to get back to me.
After the video interview i got an email stating they get back to you from the 24th.

Why are u worrying for?
They said they gonna reply on the 24th for me which is in two weeks

Quick Reply

Latest