The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE International Relations applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! Sent my IR application to LSE on the 30th of november. Currently freaking out because i hate suspense :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by manitheunicorn
Hey guys! Sent my IR application to LSE on the 30th of november. Currently freaking out because i hate suspense :frown:

I got my 8 week email on 14th and still have heard nothing...
Original post by rolaah
I got my 8 week email on 14th and still have heard nothing...

Im confused on what exactly is the 8 week email cs i dont think i received it...
Im confused on what exactly is the 8 week email cs i dont think i received it...

Update: Just got my 8 week email yesterday, anxious and excited for what's yet to come!
Reply 24
My 8 weeks were up on the 19th December and I've still not heard anything so I guess I'll have to wait till after Christmas now! The wait is killing me 😂
Reply 25
I received an unconditional offer a month ago, just waiting to hear back from my other choices so that I can accept it, really excited/nervous!! :biggrin:
Original post by geob96
I received an unconditional offer a month ago, just waiting to hear back from my other choices so that I can accept it, really excited/nervous!! :biggrin:

Wow that's amazing! What were your predicted grades and where else did you apply to?
Reply 27
Wow that's amazing! What were your predicted grades and where else did you apply to?

Aww, thank you! I finished college in June 2015 with AAA in Geography, Politics and English Lang&Lit. I've been working ever since then doing a menial job, while gaining a TESOL qualification at the same time. Are you applying for IR? :smile:

*I applied to LSE, UCL, KCL, Exeter and Royal Holloway!
Original post by geob96
Aww, thank you! I finished college in June 2015 with AAA in Geography, Politics and English Lang&Lit. I've been working ever since then doing a menial job, while gaining a TESOL qualification at the same time. Are you applying for IR? :smile:

*I applied to LSE, UCL, KCL, Exeter and Royal Holloway!

Wow that's really interesting. Yeah I am applying for IR. I sent my app on the 30th of November but still haven't heard back yet :frown: What is the name of the course that you applied for to UCL if I may know? And also what made you want to take a gap year and work?
Reply 29
Original post by geob96

Well done! When did you send off your application?
Reply 30
Wow that's really interesting. Yeah I am applying for IR. I sent my app on the 30th of November but still haven't heard back yet :frown: What is the name of the course that you applied for to UCL if I may know? And also what made you want to take a gap year and work?

I sent off my application on 3rd November :smile: I applied for politics and eastern european studies at UCL! I did my gap year because I wasn't set on what I wanted to study and i just wanted to experience the world of work and earn some money :smile:
Original post by geob96

Why not make your LSE offer firm now? Or are there other places you're still considering?
Reply 32
Original post by Constantinople
Why not make your LSE offer firm now? Or are there other places you're still considering?

I don't know if I'm being an idiot but on my UCAS I'm sure it says I can't accept an offer from a uni until i have heard back from all my choices! I've had offers from 3/5 but am still waiting to hear back from the other two 😜
Reply 33
Original post by geob96
I don't know if I'm being an idiot but on my UCAS I'm sure it says I can't accept an offer from a uni until i have heard back from all my choices! I've had offers from 3/5 but am still waiting to hear back from the other two 😜

You can withdraw from the other two and firm it now if you want :smile:
Original post by rolaah
You can withdraw from the other two and firm it now if you want :smile:

This :smile:
Has anyone received the "gathered field" email? Lots of people applying for other subjects seem to have, but I haven't heard of any IR applicants receiving it.
Reply 36
Thanks for your help guys, just accepted the offer! :smile:
Just received an unconditional offer!
Reply 38
Wow, congratulations! Hopefully I'll see you there then! :smile:
Original post by fyrebirds
Just received an unconditional offer!

Congrats! When did u apply and what were ur predicted grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending