The Student Room Group

Question about IGCSE Science (Double Award)

Hi. I'm planning on doing some IGCSE exams as a private candidate, but I just need to make sure I understand how the IGCSE Science (Double Award) works.

If I choose to do the Science (Double Award) does that mean I can't do Biology, Chemistry or Physics on their own as well (so I get 5 GCSE's instead of 2)?.

Probably a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure. :smile:

Thanks

Jason
Original post by xXRainKingXx
Hi. I'm planning on doing some IGCSE exams as a private candidate, but I just need to make sure I understand how the IGCSE Science (Double Award) works.

If I choose to do the Science (Double Award) does that mean I can't do Biology, Chemistry or Physics on their own as well (so I get 5 GCSE's instead of 2)?.

Probably a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure. :smile:

Thanks

Jason

If you are taking double award science assuming you are with edexcel you'll only get 2 grades but you'll be doing only the first paper for each science. If you take the sciences separately (paper 1 and 2) you'll get 3 grades. You can't take double and separate sciences together.

Hope that helps
Original post by maruchan
If you are taking double award science assuming you are with edexcel you'll only get 2 grades but you'll be doing only the first paper for each science. If you take the sciences separately (paper 1 and 2) you'll get 3 grades. You can't take double and separate sciences together.

Hope that helps

Just as I thought. Thanks maruchan.

Quick Reply

Latest