Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't you just hate them? I've had one for the past 5 minutes and it won't stop Does anyone else ever have this problem?

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a nosebleed in my life. Am I odd? <sniff>

I know my boyfriend gets them sometimes when he is emotional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I've never had a nosebleed in my life. Am I odd?
    Me neither, we're not odd, we're just lucky

ReputationRep:
    Have had them a lot since I was 4.

* hope you squeezing your nostrils *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I've never had a nosebleed in my life. Am I odd? <sniff>

I know my boyfriend gets them sometimes when he is emotional.
    :eek: Never? I've never gone more than a month without having one, I've seen the doctor about it, and I had treatment, but I still get them... It's so annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I am sort of curious... perhaps if I get myself into a ridiculously emotional state I will get one! SOmeone upset me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Damn right! I should consder myself lucky 'cause Idon't get them!

ReputationRep:
    2 hours is my record (how long the nose bleed lasted, not how long I went without one). Try sucking on an ice lolly.

ReputationRep:
    I used to suffer from the regularly as a child. I would frequently have them in swimming pools. Since I started secondary school I have very rarely had them.

Keep your head down and pinch just above the nostrils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    2 hours is my record (how long the nose bleed lasted, not how long I went without one). Try sucking on an ice lolly.
    2 hours?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    My record was 1.5 hours, it was at 1 in the morning so I was even more annoyed than usual.
    The strange thing is, when I went to see the doctor, he didn't believe me, then as I sat there with my mum talking to him, trying to arrange a hospital appointment, I got a nosebleed... I got the appointment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    The strange thing is, when I went to see the doctor, he didn't believe me ...
    That's because if it doesn't stop after about half an hour you should go into A&E and get your nose packed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    That's because if it doesn't stop after about half an hour you should go into A&E and get your nose packed!
    This was a long time after that 1 and a half hour ordeal. I kept getting blood on my school work which was when we decided to go to see the doctor, I don't think the 1am nosebleed was even mentioned :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    This was a long time after that 1 and a half hour ordeal. I kept getting blood on my school work which was when we decided to go to see the doctor, I don't think the 1am nosebleed was even mentioned :confused:
    Have you had it cauterised? (is that how you spell it?)

ReputationRep:
    Its the heat that gets me started - plus i can't help scratching my nose! Putting ice on it always helps mine but luckily i haven't had a long-lasting one for quite a while!

ReputationRep:
    I usually get them when I'm excessively stressed or not sleeping properly. Having said that, I've only had about two in recent memory - and I nearly had to go to hospital for one, as it refused to stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Have you had it cauterised? (is that how you spell it?)
    Yep, I had what looked like a huge match shoved up my nose whilst my nostrils were held open by sort of tweezer things... It worked for about a year, but that was around 6 or 7 years ago, so for the past 5/6 years I've been getting them. I think I once heard that I was allergic to my own mucus, or something like that. I don't really know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Yep, I had what looked like a huge match shoved up my nose whilst my nostrils were held open by sort of tweezer things... It worked for about a year, but that was around 6 or 7 years ago, so for the past 5/6 years I've been getting them. I think I once heard that I was allergic to my own mucus, or something like that. I don't really know...
    I have them done every couple of years or so. last time was very painful :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ive had nosebleeds before, but i dont get them often. My brother used to get one if you touched his face, well slep him lightly.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have nosebleeds somethin like 5 years ago....They were very heavy and putting ice on my nose and tilting my head forward while squeezing my nostrils helped...
    Then I got treatment..(htye put some kind of medicine in my nose and told me to lie still for 2 hrs...since then it has stopped...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.