Penultimate year internship as a final year student - not do a masters?

Watch
nolcap3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello all,

I am a 3rd year Economics student intending on doing a masters, so have been applying to penultimate year internships. Currently in the process of hearing back from my applications, and have received offers of assessment centers for 2017 commercial banking internships. As a third year, is it plausible that I can accept an offer for the internship, and then later tell them I DON'T want to do a masters anymore? Is this likely to kill my internship offer, or at least kill my chances of getting a job with them in 2018?

Any info, or experience of this matter is HIGHLY appreciated. It's not that I really don't want to do a masters, because I think in the long run it would help me, I just don't know if it's what I actually really want to do - I've not committed either way.

Thanks
k.g.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i'm in a similar situation. what happened in the end?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (596)
49.13%
No (617)
50.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise